Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Company Boardroom (iRP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Insert Picture Here]

Nestled on Deck 18 Section C is Omicron Supply Industries' Boardroom. It is within this room that the Board of Directors discusses all things pertaining to the company. Only Board members and their chosen secretaries are allowed access to this secured area of Freeport 14.
Having called spot one for this meeting, Wes stood and addressed the room. "Thank you for coming this evening. For those of you whom I haven't had the pleasure of meeting, my name is Wessel DeGroodt, and I will be acting as the representative of Supply Incorporated as Mr. Mace is away at New Eden summit. I understand your time is precious, so let's get to our first order of business, shall we?" He looked down toward his data pad on the table and tapped it a few times. The viewscreen on the wall displayed a logo and some information.

"Up on the screen and on your personal datapads you can find information regarding an organization that calls itself the Corona Battlegroup. From what we've learned, they're an offshoot of the Liberty Navy that's formed relatively recently. Even though their history has been a short one, I doubt it is anything less than notable." Returning to his place at the conference table, Wes sat and tapped his pad a couple more times. "Check your pads, everyone should now have access to the communication logs between the Battlegroup's representative Captain Jacob Gordon and Mr. Mace."

"It appears the Battlegroup has requested supplies for the rebuilding of the Junction Station Wreck in the Kansas System, with the fairly sizeable order to be sent to Ames Station in Kepler." Wes pushed his pad aside and leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table and clasping his hands together. "As you well know, we at Supply Incorporated would usually handle all of the contract negotiation ourselves without the need to trouble the Industries Board, but given that this contract would have us supply a group not usually within our operating area, Mr. Mace asked that this matter be put to a decision by the board, and in the event that we do agree to take the contract, what could we ask for in terms of compensation."

"I now open the room to discussion of this matter."
"I now open the room to discussion of this matter. "

Hearing that, Malikk underlines parts of the logs in the datapad that interests him. Seeing everyone else was still reviewing the logs, Malikk raises his hand.

"Mr. Wessel if I may? While new contracts are always good for business, there is one thing bothers me."

Malikk gave a quick look at his datapad.

"Of all the companies available, why us? I am sure local Libertonian companies such as Interspace Commerce or even Universal Shipping would jump at the chance of this contract. If my memory serves they should be able to haul most of the requested shipments out of Kusari one way or another."
"Of all the companies available, why us?"

"A question I had myself, Mr. Malikk. At this point the board now has as much information as I do. I've never worked with the Battlegroup before now, and unless Mr. Mace knows something we don't, I doubt they've ever had contact with us before."

DeGroodt glanced down at his pad, read a couple lines, and then resumed.

"There's nothing saying we have to make a decision on this tonight. If the board sees fit, I could take a list of concerns and pose further questions to the Captain and we could pick this matter back up at the next board meeting."
William hated this part of his job; he much preferred the captain's chair on the Tydirium to an office chair. He'd have a word or two with Victor about being absent for another Board meeting when he returned from Fifty.

"I find myself also asking, why us? This Battlegroup is a branch of the Liberty Navy of which is an arm of Liberty's government. What benefit past credits does working for Liberty's government get us? Why are we being offered a government contract? We aren't a Libertonian company. Sounds rather fishy if you ask me."
"Then it seems we're in agreement as to the main point of our next transmission the the Battlegroup. Is there anything further before we shelve this matter until the next meeting?"
Reconvening the board, DeGroodt again took the floor.

"For our first matter, we'll be picking up the Corona Battlegroup item. Mr. Mace sent another transmission and the Captain has responded. As a matter of convenience, here is the individual transmission."
Code:
Well one of our primary reasons for choosing to use OSI over a Liberty based corporation is that you already supply Ames with supplies for it's owner. Why ask another company to provide additional supplies to Ames when you already are? As for Junction, we have made deals with a small band of residents that have been living there to rebuild Junction as a Freeport as well as our base of operations and who better to help build a Freeport than a Zoner Corporation?
"Mr. Malikk, Mr. Cross, you were the most vocal last meeting, so I am most interested in your responses."

"Mr. Mace indicated to me that he is fairly satisfied with the answer if still a little hesitant at the prospect of supplying a House Navy attempting to build a Freeport, given that those interests often tend to conflict. Almost all existing Freeports were reclaimed by Zoners after their previous tenants abandoned them. This station isn't entirely uninhabited, from what we understand."

"Also, moving so much out to a station wreck seems relatively unsecure, from his perspective. As a contingency, Mace has requested that Ms. Ruiz allocate extra security to Supply if these deliveries are to be made."
"I've read Captain Gordon's answer and I've reviewed his initial request. I can't say I see any real problem with supplying their lab on Ames; we supply anyone who lands on Freeport 14 with what ever they have the credits to purchase, I don't see a difference other than which Freeport our customer resides on."

Pouring himself a glass of water, "As for providing the supplies needed to do whatever it is they want to do to Junction? I'd like to hear from the residents before we proceed. If we supply this group and it turns out they use the supplies to forcible take the station from its current residents, we'd be responsible for enabling that. Enabling a house to forcible take a station from a group of people who are trying to make a living outside of house space.........I think that would pretty much alienate us from most of our clients."
"I think that would pretty much alienate us from most of our clients."

"Indeed Mr. Cross, but what they don't know wont hurt us."

Malikk then turn his attention to DeGroodt.

"Well as long as the public are unaware of this little business of ours, we pretty much have nothing to worry about. Just make sure the transport captains are well informed of this beforehand."
Walking into the boardroom, Victor stands behind his chair and looks around the room, "I see you all got my message, I hope to keep this short; I know you are all busy people." Gesturing to his secretary standing behind him and then turning his attention to a holodisplay on the wall, "This is the transcript from my meeting with Aurelia and Alice DeFrance."
Quote:Victor: You mentioned a second chance when we first spoke; what did you have in mind?Aurelia: Well, looks like you're stuck with me Victor. What my sister meant by a second chance was, that your group has the possibility of conducting trade within Gallia. Specifically, between Gallia and Sirius. Be aware, that the only reason we are giving you this chance is because we feel you've received just punishment for your past actions, you've seen the extent of our resolve and our power, and we trust that you aren't foolish enough to rouse our anger a second time. If you have no questions or comments to make yet, I'll proceed to what we will permit you to trade, and the terms you must agree to.
Victor: I had no intention of rouse your anger to begin with, I was out to help a friend. That, however, is the past and I am a wiser man now. I do wish to ask one question, something that isn't directly related to our meeting, but one I wish to ask anyway. I've heard rumor that the Royal Navy is preparing to move into the Taus. I'm interested in your plans for Freeport 6 and I'd also like to know if OSI's movements in the Taus will be allowed to continue.
Aurelia: Your movements in the Taus will have some restrictions. Obviously, you will be required to follow the orders of our Navy and Police forces should they give you any. Second, you will not be permitted to deliver goods to the stations of any of our enemies in that sector. Currently that is the Kusari Empire and is likely to include the Colonial Remnant as well. As for Freeport Six, this also ties into what I just said. We're fairly confident that Holiday's group will be acting against us, either militarily, or by supplying and harboring our enemies. If such a thing is to come to pass, Freeport Six will not be safe from our reprisals, nor will Baffin. guess the real answer to your question is, will the T.A.Z. be as predictable as they've always been. For the sake of those on Freeport Six, you should pray they are not.
Victor: If Six remains neutral, would they be free to operate as they are now? Not everyone on Six belongs to the TAZ, most of the station are unaffiliated Zoners going about their business. Command Matok is a proud and fierce warrior, he won't like having your laws forced upon him or those he protects. I won't try to guess what the TAZ will do, I've never understood them or their ways, but I respect them and do not want to see any harm come to them. My point is, if Six remains neutral as it always has, will it be left in peace? As Kusari has left it in peace?
Aurelia: If the Zoners of Freeport Six don't either, than for the most part they will be left alone. We will require that they grant our corporate and supply ships the use of the station's docking and repair facilities. However, if the T.A.Z. take any action against us, they will have to abandon all influence and control they hold over Freeport Six if they don't want to see it destroyed. If this is done, Gallia would settle the score with the T.A.Z. alone.
Victor: That is most gracious of you and I doubt they will have any issue with allowing trade ships to use the station, it is a Freeport. Only time will reveal the TAZ's intentions; shall we continue on with the reason we're both there though?
Aurelia: If the Omicron Supply Industries wants trade access into Gallia, there are a few required goods they must deliver. But first, Prometheum is completely off-limits to your transports. As for the rest.. [Aurelia handed Victor a piece of paper] These are the monthly requirements you must fulfill in order to have trade access.
Victor: I'm sure Supply Inc, can handle this. As I am the only employee from OSI who has ever ventured into Gallia and I've not heard of these stations, we'll need nav charts. Are there any other terms or any other goods that are off limits? We've customers that have been asking for Gallic wine and tobacco for awhile now. I assume we'll be free to trade in those goods?
Aurelia: Of course, consumer goods like those are freely available for trade. As for the nav charts, your transports will be able to request that information from the Battleship Carcassonne in Languedoc when you first enter. I'd rather not give you that information here.
Victor: Ah, I almost forgot, we've a newly acquired subsidiary that specializes in the transportation of passengers. Is the Crown open to Sirian tourists? Regarding the requested supplies, we typically set up a heavily encrypted two way transmission for our clients. Is this an acceptable medium regarding updating each other regarding the supply deliveries?
Aurelia: Sirian Passengers will not be allowed. As for your contact method, that sounds fine. It won't be Gallia that will feel the pain if the deal is publicized.
Victor: Yes, our deal would ruffle some feathers, no doubt. Though, those who would take offense would be hypocrites. Is there anything else you wished to discuss?
Aurelia: That is all I intended to discuss. My sister might have had other topics to cover, but she's unavailable right now. I'm sure she'll get back to you on anything more when she can.

"This is the list of goods the Crown requires we import for them," the display changes to a list of goods.

Quote:Monthly Quota;
10,000 Diamonds to Planet Nevers
10,000 Iridium to Alesia Station
5,000 Neon to Alesia
2,500 Nuclear Devices to Battleship Beauvray
10,000 Platinum to Alesia
5,000 Quantum Multiplexors to Avallon Station

"As I'm sure you've all heard, their father has made a demand that the inhabitants of the Taus cooperate with his forces or be destroyed. Their restriction upon OSI is two fold: We agree to follow the instructions of any GRN or GRP forces we encounter and we not supply those forces who oppose them.

Essentially, nothing changes except you replace Kusari with Gallia. From the statements of the Colonial Republic, it looks like they plan on fighting Gallia; which puts our deal with them at odds with our agreement with Gallia. I'm sure we can manage to finish that contract under the radar as we have in the past."

Taking his seat, "Many of our customers have been asking for Gallic products for months on end, we know have the ability to deliver and with minium sacrifice. How do you all feel about this deal?"
Pages: 1 2 3