Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Problems with "too many/strong" NPC's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I'm out there discovering, just exploring the outer systems, I frequently have to run for my miserable life if I encounter 5 or more Wilde, or some other hostile.

I thought that meant that I just had to upgrade my equipment. But now I have class 10 VHF shields, decent weapons, and even quite a bit of armor... but have the same problem.

Is this a balancing thing that I am just not seeing the big picture on? I mean, I have to start jinking and dodging for my life immediately, and can't even think about standing and fighting.

Or am I missing something gameplay-wise? Am I going to have to have a cruiser or gunship to keep from being molested by NPC's in non-guard systems?

Yours noobishly,
Scribbley
So it isn't abnormal to struggle when outside of one's immediate sphere?
Mhmm.. The outer reaches get very difficult, even when it comes to NPCs. You're probably doing fine.
The outer systems are supposed to be difficult; if they werent, they would be more settled. Plus, if you are outnumbered 5 or more to one, you SHOULD be in trouble.
Okay, cool. Just checking. I guess I am used to Vanilla, where once you get set up in one of the top fighters and such, you're able to fight off any enemy 5 to 1 or more.

the latter, unfortunately.
I think the NPC in Disco are not that hard compared to few other mods.
It's not that I find them hard to hit, etc. It's that my shields go down instantaneously.
I guess I need to just keep getting better, skills wise.
Meh, NPCs in Nomad Omicrons and Guard systems are too weak yet, if you're able to pass through them without a big trouble..
Pages: 1 2