Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To those involved in the Freeport 1 Witch Hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I thought long and hard before making this post, as I watched the events playing out on the forums. I have no characters that would really be involved, so I can't take part in an in-rp way, but I would feel disappointed in myself as a person, a moderator and a member of this community if I did not speak up.

Dakun has his short and well published history here on Disco, he and his associates have seemed to cause problems where ever they were. Fair enough. We in this community pleaded with him to change his ways, to come around to our way of rping, to respect the way we do things here. Don't spam caps, don't go around trying to start fights, stick with the rp. Yes, we as a community asked him to do all these things, as we have asked others in the past. To change their style of play, to come around to our way of thinking, because of course, we were here first, this is our server. Our community.

So what happens, Dakun decides to do what we asked of him, he got involved in factions, he has tried to explore the non pvp rp on the server. What have we given him in return? Upon his first, small perceived mistake, there is no redemption for him in the eyes of almost all of those who have posted. A minor offense has resulted in calls from people and factions only mildly involved to have him removed from this unofficial position of responsibility for a Freeport. Even after attempting to fix the mistake, after accepting the help of other members of the community to solve the situation, after all that, the demands that he be removed continue.

Zero room for negotiation, zero room for equivocation, zero room for anything.

I have never been a Dakun booster, but I have to say, today I feel for him. I also feel particularly disappointed to be a member of this community today. Ask yourselves, all of you who call for his head, how many of you are doing it because of 2000 blood diamonds and how many of you are doing it because it's Dakun?

I fully expect the trolls to come out, but please notice the section of the forums this is in, this is not flood, don't treat it that way. If you want to participate in a discussion on this issue, that's fine, but there will be no insulting, there will be no disrespecting... there has been too much of that around here lately.
It not really just the blood diamonds, the character he is playing just does not fit the zoner type, let alone someone who would be chosen to lead a FP. I am pretty sure there is a screenshot of him offering 50 mil to the last person standing at the FP and he was trying to ban everyone who criticized him from the FP.

EDIT: I am fairly new so this is the first I heard of Dakun and I still want him removed for mainly inRP reasons. Although to be honest I believe this was all intentional on his part (at least I hope it was) and I think it made a good RP but he should still be removed since it wouldn't make sense inRP for people to let him stay.
I agree. Though, I've been around the Freeport because of this:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=100744

Personally I have nothing against Dakun, I find him fun :P
Zelot, while you know I value your opinion, you also were not present for any of the stuff that happened in-game today. It doesn't matter who it was, if anyone acted that way in-RP, my in-RP responses would be the exact same as they are. He also is not exploring non-pvp RP. He intentionally provoked conflict by offering money to "the last one standing" at Freeport 1. He insulted several people both on the forums and in-game iRPly. What you're saying is that other people should not react appropriately in-RP as they would if this weren't Dakun.

I'm sorry, but I disagree very heavily here. While there are people in this OORPly just to get him away/hurt him, there are also a lot of people who are completely in-RP here and acting as they normally would. I have seen very little actions so far that I object to. It boils down to the fact, that this wouldn't have happened without Dakun's own actions. He's responsible for what he does, and what he did led to this.

If you want logs and screenshots of what happened, hit me in the mod chat.
Problem is he didn't get the message when you and our [sarcasm]beloved community[/sarcasm] told him to change his ways. I've seen, on skype, screens with him encouraging ooRP around Port 1. I discussed about this with a few other players and the general attitude towards this guy was disgust. I think he received enough chances and he keeps making mistakes.

He even joined LN, a faction lead by an admin but looks like that didn't help his case too much. His ego is bigger than Dab's. He has developed a personality cult and he sees himself as a star around here. The likes the negative attention that he receives from the community and he's causing problems for that purpose. That's how I see Dakun's case.

' Wrote:I fully expect the trolls to come out
Present!
' Wrote:Zelot, while you know I value your opinion, you also were not present for any of the stuff that happened in-game today. It doesn't matter who it was, if anyone acted that way in-RP, my in-RP responses would be the exact same as they are. He also is not exploring non-pvp RP. He intentionally provoked conflict by offering money to "the last one standing" at Freeport 1. He insulted several people both on the forums and in-game iRPly. What you're saying is that other people should not react appropriately in-RP as they would if this weren't Dakun.

I'm sorry, but I disagree very heavily here. While there are people in this OORPly just to get him away/hurt him, there are also a lot of people who are completely in-RP here and acting as they normally would. I have seen very little actions so far that I object to. It boils down to the fact, that this wouldn't have happened without Dakun's own actions. He's responsible for what he does, and what he did led to this.

If you want logs and screenshots of what happened, hit me in the mod chat.

I doubt the situation ingame would have come up if people didnt blow this way out of proportion. There shouldnt have been these battle groups at the Freeport in the first place. And just because he responded to people being rude to him with the same back is not huge insulting. I read the posts, I can judge them for myself.

Finally, I think it's very within Zoner rp to try and play one house against another.
Quote:Finally, I think it's very within Zoner rp to try and play one house against another.

I could see your point but not in the way Dakun is doing it, since it could destroy the zoner's beloved neutrality.
While normaly i hate dab with a passion for his constant zoner-bashing after he got an SRP for rping with himself, i agree with him here. Dakun has acted against the interests of the zoners, as well as the nearby individuals, sparking conflict without cause. His actions go against zoner lore, and thus we are responding as we should.
' Wrote:Finally, I think it's very within Zoner rp to try and play one house against another.
He isn't playing the houses against each other. Rheinland and Bretonia have no issues. BDM came in ignorant of the previous treaty, which was quickly corrected. What Dakun was doing ws inciting pvp fights with everyone right next to Freeport 1. Or rather, around Freeport one. In a way that, if stations could get damaged, freeport 1 would have been damaged. There was nothing to provoke this behavior. Dakun did it of his own free will before the BDM Director had even appeared and argued with him. I don't see anything wrong with other Zoners being angry at that. Hell, I'd consider it wrong if the Zoners -didn't- object to that behavior.
' Wrote:... There shouldnt have been these battle groups at the Freeport in the first place. ...

Exactly right. Which brings us to this little gem: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=100909

Quite frankly, both parties were rude and insulting to each other, and no attempt was made by either at any sort of diplomacy. Heck, this thread didn't even -exist- when I left for work this morning - so you can see how quickly the situation spiralled out of control.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20