Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Small suggestion for forum layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Almost every time when I go to this page of the forum:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

it takes pretty long to find the part I want o get to, mainly because there are so many entries that all look the same and start with the word "Discovery" and all text is same size.

Would it be possible to make the stuff in the white background headers (Discovery HQ, Discovery RP Discoussions, and so on) left aligned instead of centered and the text there like 3 times bigger?

I think it would only take like 2 minutes to do it with a html editor, and it should be possible because I saw one other pages the headers are left aligned.

Does anyone feel the same way?

I know.. its a small thing but I think about that almost every time I go on that page, when it takes longer than necessary to find a subforum.

I also think some redundant links on the portal page, like the "home" link which is totally uselss could be removed to make things easer, especially for people who look on it for hte frist time.
What theme and browser are you using?
Use the Blue Solution theme.
' Wrote:and the text there like 3 times bigger?
You can adjust this client-side by zooming in your browser. Hold Ctrl and scroll up/down on the mouse wheel. Or ctrl -/+
' Wrote:You can adjust this client-side by zooming in your browser. Hold Ctrl and scroll up/down on the mouse wheel. Or ctrl -/+

Holy crud. I did NOT know about this. No more eye strain! Thank you, Dab! :ylove:
' Wrote:What theme and browser are you using?

' Wrote:Use the Blue Solution theme.

I use the default one, I think it is the blue solution.

' Wrote:You can adjust this client-side by zooming in your browser. Hold Ctrl and scroll up/down on the mouse wheel. Or ctrl -/+

That makes all text bigger.

I wanted just the header text bigger, like a lot bigger, to make it easier to oversee that page. Almsot every link there starts with "discovery", its really not a nice page to look through, yet it is the most imortatn one for finding stuff.
Ok.

I'll made 2 picures so you see what I mean.

[Image: forumbad.png]

Almost everything starts with discovery, so you have to read more before you get what the link is about, its easy to miss the stuff written in the header becasue it doesnt stand out (you wont get that one subforum is only about stuff on this server, the other about the mod in general)

This would be a bit better, in my opinion:
[Image: forumbetter.png]

These can't be enlarged, unless I have missed something.
The default forum theme (which you are using) is Deep Blue.

Enlarging that font is certainly possible.

Also, I've just noticed that the wiki forum should be moved into the server-specific category instead of being in the mod one.
I think I should have said "enlarged easily". Editing the templates and stylesheets =/= high on list of priorities at the moment.
Pages: 1 2