Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: White Cells and Faction Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
As the rules stand, any technology listed as a white cell requires expressed permission from the official faction owning that technology. As such, if a mercenary was allied to the Corsairs, they would need to request permission from the official Corsair player faction before flying a Praetorian, Titan, etc.

While I do not agree with this system, I will not go into that subject. I will, however, bring this into discussion as an example.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry1341349

As we see there, the official Corsair player faction has now completely barred anyone from using white cell Corsair technology. Whether they have very good reasoning or not, this is blatant abuse of an admin issued system. They have been given a high level of power and responsibility with the tech chart system, yet they have now basically turned all Corsair white cells into red cells, regardless of player RP.

This seems absurd to me. I am not here to point fingers, but as I already strongly disagree with the current system, I then see this and the exact reasons I do not agree with the system are realized and happening. It's bad enough that a faction leader can say "Nah, I don't like your RP behind using Corsair tech. Denied.", now a blanket denial is in effect.

What does the community have to say about this?
Dude, thats a disco USA link, and not applicable to what you are talking about at that.
As I say with every red cell.

Bullcrap.
Ctrl-c fail. Fixing.
That is the Discovery USA server, this is Discovery 24/7. If you have a complaint about the admins or factions on Discovery USA please go there.

As to your point, if a faction doesn't trust anybody, they don't trust anybody. There might be room for ooRP agreements ("we're not going to give you our ship" "oh really? Well then I'll steal it") if agreed to by both sides and with proper repercussions.

And even if the admins said "you can't say you'll deny all requests" a faction could just set the bar for accepting requests so high that nobody would ever achieve it.
' Wrote:Dude, thats a disco USA link, and not applicable to what you are talking about at that.

The admins feel that the official player factions are responsible enough to hand out tech inline with the lore and role play of their respective NPC factions.

Some factions would never give out their tech and as such the player factions follow this lore. Some factions have a very valid reason for not giving out technology anymore.
Link fixed.
' Wrote:As I say with every red cell.

Bullcrap.

I know, why shouldnt Planetform ships be able to use Corsair guns?
' Wrote:Link fixed.

That is an in-rp statement. I will leave it at that.
' Wrote:I know, why shouldnt Planetform ships be able to use Corsair guns?

>_>

Why shouldn't people be allowed to try?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21