Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Internet and modem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well im finally trying to set up my internet atm but im just not sure what telstra is doing, the modem im using atm is from nz and is configured to telecom (wont let me change it) will this mean i cant actually use this modem?

And im buying a new one tomorrow for the sake of it? is anyone with bigpond? how long does it take for them to connect you, been waiting 7 days and nothing:(im so impatient i know...

Oh and another thing... Does there tracking even work?
' Wrote:Well im finally trying to set up my internet atm but im just not sure what telstra is doing, the modem im using atm is from nz and is configured to telecom (wont let me change it) will this mean i cant actually use this modem?

And im buying a new one tomorrow for the sake of it? is anyone with bigpond? how long does it take for them to connect you, been waiting 7 days and nothing:(im so impatient i know...

Oh and another thing... Does there tracking even work?

I'm surprised that your NZ modem won't let you change the settings, which means that you won't be able to use it, but it sounds like you are getting your hands on a new one soon, so it's not much of a problem.

When you get your new modem back home set it up and give it the settings to connect you up.
If you are connected, you should see some action pretty much right away (captain obvious here!)

If you get nothing, you should be able to ring Bigpond and ask what the status of your connection is, so I would be doing that.

What sort of modem is your old NZ modem?
There should be some sort of markings on the case of the modem at least, even if it is just in a generic 'black box'.
I'm curious about it.
Thanks for the advice,
Just got a Netgear N300 ADSL2+ Modem/router
This is what they advised in store for me to get so i did, also checked with telstra and they said that i havnt been connected yet (sooooooo slow, feel like given them one to hurry it up)

When i am connected i shall take some pics and put it on here with the details that i can get from the box... hope that helps haha