Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: General Sale NPCs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In a recent topic concerning human cargo, I wondered if being able to purchase (and trade) general NPCs as cargo could create a new economy for human cargo movers?

Firstly, if the price for NPC drops were increased, would it create a market for 'harvesting' NPCs, and would this in turn stimulate activity among the lawfuls?

I think it might be a way to further stimulate player interactions when player numbers drop - and spawns increase.
I'm not quite sure about all NPCs, but I know Zoner ones can be bought on Sparta if that's what you mean.
Well yes, further extended across factions. If they are the same as NPCs that are dropped.

It is not as though we need to make new commodities - all of these NPC commodities already exist for many factions. I feel it is just a case of integrating them into the economy - trading as well as harvesting.
' Wrote:Well yes, further extended across factions. If they are the same as NPCs that are dropped.

It is not as though we need to make new commodities - all of these NPC commodities already exist for many factions. I feel it is just a case of integrating them into the economy - trading as well as harvesting.

Thats called NPC farming and there are people that do that already, Mostly with nomads/Bounty Hunter NPCs or NPC caps.
I bet those ones are the most valuable, hence worthwhile mining?
How do such NPC miners affect the gameplay and RP for those factions, and that region of space?

bear in mind the mining of NPCs was only one part of it - the other was being able to buy and sell NPCs generally for the benefit of human cargo movers.
' Wrote:I bet those ones are the most valuable, hence worthwhile mining?
How do such NPC miners affect the gameplay and RP for those factions, and that region of space?

bear in mind the mining of NPCs was only one part of it - the other was being able to buy and sell NPCs generally for the benefit of human cargo movers.

They don't effect? you go on make pirate ID'ed falcata/roc with full energy guns and a SNAC and go on to farm bounty hunters at Orkeny. Its not like there is ingame tool that measures the number of some NPCs that were killed in one region or anther.
EDIT: Don't forget that ANY bounty hunter fighter at Orkney drop 10k credit card too, and the Treshers drop 5 x 100k credit cards and 8 Bounty Hunter Pilots.