Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is this possible -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, question is, would it be possible to add one more 'cross', while other ship is selected. Image below should demonstrate what I had in mind.

CLICK ME!

It would be quite useful, if sometimes not using weapon groups to fire other weapons, for example, if you have mouse with buttons on side, that are set to fire weapons that are not selected at the moment, and what are different speed.
I really like the idea. I also believe it isn't that hard to code using FLhook.
Let's see what the others think of it.
Yikes! Brilliant idea but that's almost definitely hard coded game mechanics.

Though, it might be possible to (because the crosshair centers on an average of the projectile speeds I think) make it so that the graphic is different to include a 50&100m/s "circle" to show where to aim if your pulses are 100m/s slower or faster.

Of course, the simple solution is to use different weapons groups? :crazy::P
Eh... a few moments ago I was anxious to get this thing in-game but then, after seeing Chase's post I realised that weapon groups work just great as they are now.

Just create weapon groups and activate them before going to shoot them: the target marker will indicate corectly.
Learn to use groups. Its much more interesting and its hard, especially while flying LF, when you MUST separate weapons on groups
What if you have more than two different projectile speeds?:mellow:

Also, as said, weapon groups fixes this easily.
' Wrote:What if you have more than two different projectile speeds?:mellow:

Also, as said, weapon groups fixes this easily.

Then more then two weapon groups. One for each speed.
Plus it saves energy
If you noticed, Freelancer has an auto-aim feature. When your mouse is close to the cross, your guns will aim and shoot as if you had mouse exactly over the cross.

This is actually couterproductive when you're trying to hit a ship that is performing a turn, because the position prediction cross is assuming constant target velocity - any acceleration, whether tangential or centripetal, is not taken in account. And even though you would like to aim a bit more ahead, you can't, because your mouse is close to the marker and your guns fire at the constant-velocity-predicted position, causing you to fire behind the turning ship.

What I think would be of more use is the option to toggle the autoaim on/off.

Or it could be possible to manually enter your mean gun speed for the prediction algorithm. Such an option would be far superior to the kitbash method of adding a slow projectile weapon into your setup when you want to aim a bit ahead of the target with the rest of the guns, and vice-versa.
' Wrote:But where is the challenge then? Doubletapping stuff...
Just remove the cross at all, imho.
Anyone who has tried to pvp with the Nohud on knows how fun it is, however a cursor would still be nice.

Remove the cross? Eh that's stupid.
PVP fights take sooo long now. Image them without the targeting cross.

I don't want to spend all my day in a game to fight someone.
' Wrote:But where is the challenge then? Doubletapping stuff...
Just remove the cross at all, imho.
Anyone who has tried to pvp with the Nohud on knows how fun it is, however a cursor would still be nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...2ID6M6j0#t=200s

It sure is hard.
but fun.

but it's ok as it is.
You never shoot 350ms guns together with 750ms anyway, at the same time.
Pages: 1 2