Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Old balance issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I am all for giving SHF's Freighter shields. Whats the point of having craploads of batteries and bots if you have to replenish every 5 seconds? And it has more of them than the damn Gunships! What!?
Yup, Barghest really needs a boost.
I would suggest giving it enough energy to fire 2 Supernovas at the time, and leave everything else the same.
It wouldn't be unbalanced, it would just bring variety.
Civilian bomber needs a huge agility boost.
Subject: Junkers ships & weapons

Hi Igiss, a few suggestions on the Junkers Collector VHF. At the moment it's not really anything -- it is substantially weaker in firepower and maneuvrability than other VHF's, yet has a crappy cargo hold size (120) compared to freighters. So it does not fit role of either combat or cargo vessel very well. I guess it is supposed to a compromise between the two -- but a poor compromise which forces Junker players to RP with less favourable ships. I would suggest two alternatives to improve:

- Freighter option: Increase armour to 20,000 and hold size to 200.

- Fighter option: Increase gun hardpoints to either 4x class-10 fixed + 2x turrets, or 5x class-10 fixed and 1x turret. (In addition to the rear one, of course). A modest increase in energy to go with it. Also improve turning rate a little, or increase armour to 14,000.

There are also issues with the Junkers weapons. If the Collector is to remain as is then these suggestions are especially important:

- Barrager Mark V (class 9) is substantially weaker than all other comparable weapons. Suggest increasing damage output from 198 to (say) 260/sec. This may seem overkill, but remember Barrager has a slow speed (600) compared to other laser weapons.

- The best Barrager turret is only class 3, or 109 dam/sec (IIRC). This especially hobbles the Collector with its reliance on 2 turrets. We need a better one, class 5 preferably, with damage comparable to its fixed counterpart.

Hope this is ok!

EDIT: If the Junkers guns are adjusted as suggested, then a change to Collector's weapons configuration probably isn't so important. But I'd still like to see hull/cargo/energy adjustments as appropriate.
about bhargest getting energy to fire 2 SNs - i d say "no". around 130.000 damage for one attack is fine for most bombers - 260.000 damage is simply too much. from the point of view of a bigger sized battleship, a bhargest is still a small and agile target ( your point of view is roughly 1 - 1.5k away ) - it can dodge the slow BB turrets with relative ease.

2 bhargests attacking one battleship = 520.000 damage for a single attack. - way too much. ( considering every other faction needs a full wing of 4 bombers to do the same ) = first attack -> shields of the BB down, second attack -> 90% damage to a non armoured BB of rheinland class - that gives the BB only 2 attacks ( charge and turn ) to take down the 2 bombers.

if it fired two SNs like other bombers fire 1, it d be too powerful. i could rather live with improving its defensive ( giving it the unique ability to mount a 30k freighter shield ) - but certainly not give it the offense of two bombers.
2 SN is a bit overkill yes.... you should never mount two of them on it anyway.. since it's main purpose is pirating..so 24k shield would be ok.

However there still could be some tweaking with it's power supply... right now bombers have two:

48k capacity, 2200 recharge (all agile bombers down to Falcata, in simplified Flstat numbers: 1.0875-1.025)
58k capacity, 2400 recharge (less agile ones... starting from Challenger, 0.978-0.911 (RH/Civ.) + 0.889,0.867 (Waran, Barghest)

I looked around on the available power supplies and found this one:

60k capacity, 6000 recharge (Heavy Lifter one)

I would stay this could be fitted on the least agile bombers: Waran and Barghest.
Two SN on a bomber. o.O

Kill a gunboat in one pass, much? Imagine all Debbies... Then when the shields drop, *pop* no more gunboat.

---

My suggestion, would it be possible to make CD's less useful against fighters, specifically the Train CD without losing its effectiveness against transports? As a fighter, one the options in a fight is to run away, and the Train CD makes it impossible. Even if you manage to get to 2.5k with cruise engines running, the CD still hits.
About 2 SNs on a bomber
Way too much overkill.

Why not improve the Nova Torpedoes so its actually useful. The blast radius is massive and its impossible to aim them effectivily without killing yourself.
Yes, yes, I'm sorry, maybe it is a bit of overkill.
What Mjonlir suggested about energy is pretty much ok.

One more thing. I just changed my Titan for Praetorian.. And thing turns like a gunboat.
What the heck? Is that supposed to be that way?
It is a bigger target then the Taiidan, and is considerably slower.
So, it could use a very small agility/energy boost as well.
Energy boost seems more logical, as Titan has big powerplant, why not Praetorian?
' Wrote:Two SN on a bomber. o.O

Kill a gunboat in one pass, much? Imagine all Debbies... Then when the shields drop, *pop* no more gunboat.

Problem is that the Barghest has same size as the BHG Gunship... and almost same agility... while it has 13 times smaller shield and some 5 times less armor.

The GB can kill the Barghest in one pass..and the normal tactic of firing a CD to stop it turning doesn't work... since by the time you turn to face the GB he is facing you as well.

Quote:My suggestion, would it be possible to make CD's less useful against fighters, specifically the Train CD without losing its effectiveness against transports? As a fighter, one the options in a fight is to run away, and the Train CD makes it impossible. Even if you manage to get to 2.5k with cruise engines running, the CD still hits.

Hmm.. I don't think it's so bad... if there are rocks around and the CD hits them you get disrupted.. but in empty space you can dodge the CDs.

-----

Praetorian has not so much smaller agility than the Falcata while it has a bigger powerplant, and the hitbox "feels" smaller.....so it doesn't seem that he needs an upgrade.
Mjolnir, some of us aren't that good. I've seen you fly, you're one of the best pilots on the server. Four kills in the first, what, five minutes of the fight? Uh-huh. Not all of us can do that kind of flying, mate.:P
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12