Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dacite and BMM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#000000]As I realised there arent mountable miner guns for the Dacite, (level 5 or below) but to get the bonus from the BMM I have to hit the rocks with a miner gun/turret. Since the backward view doesnt works with a Dacite and the turret is just a back-shoot one, I dunno how can it possible to mine as a BMM miner in a Dacite.

Any idea how can I solve it?

Thanks folks
You need to use the rear-mounted turret.

In other words, don't mine in a Dacite.
Say what? We've got mining guns on the GMS Dacites. You can mount them just fine, as the mining guns are class 2. Stick it right on the front center slot and mine in cockpit view, you'll feel like a unicorn. The turret slot is rear-facing, yep, so that'll cause Dacite issues. Same with the Basalt.

As far as finding them, as with the ship, you need to pick up the guns from an IMG or similar base before acquiring BMM rep.
' Wrote:Say what? We've got mining guns on the GMS Dacites. You can mount them just fine, as the mining guns are class 2. Stick it right on the front center slot and mine in cockpit view, you'll feel like a unicorn. The turret slot is rear-facing, yep, so that'll cause Dacite issues. Same with the Basalt.

As far as finding them, as with the ship, you need to pick up the guns from an IMG or similar base before acquiring BMM rep.
Uhhh...

The mining guns are turrets, not guns.

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php/BL...ng_Emitter
Yes, and the Dacite's turret, upon which you mount the mining implement, is forward facing. That's one of the Dacite's endearing features.

The bigger mining vessels (Mafic, Spatial) have forward-facing turrets too, but if you stick a mining turret there you lose a useful gun. So usual practice is to stick the mining turret on a rear-facing mount.
' Wrote:As far as finding them, as with the ship, you need to pick up the guns from an IMG or similar base before acquiring BMM rep.
The ship, yes. But a boatload of bases has mining turrets. Offhand I believe the house capitol planet carry them.

Mining in cockpit view with dust turned off and the cockpit itself disabled, incidentally, is one of the fastest ways to mine. Rocks spawn only in your field of view clientside, so you have a higher forward ore rock density in that view.
A'ight, I stand corrected on the gun/turret issue. It's clearly a good thing I always let Dr. Donut outfit our Dacites. Open mouth and insert foot.

As far as using the rear-facing turret to mine, functionally I suppose that lets you have an extra offensive gun up front, yes, but really, when you're in a Dacite, that one extra gun isn't going to make [i]that[/u] much difference. I've always had our guys, either in BMM- when I was there or [GMS] have a forward mounted mining laser as our functional mining gun on Dacites, and when the mechanics changed to enforce using the mining laser specifically, had the Mafics move theirs around front too. As Aeternus described, the forward cockpit view lends itself to faster mining. Faster mining means less time doing so to fill your transport, which means less time you need to worry about having to use the rest of those guns.

I do miss the days when we could load up our Mafics with a cluster of 8.00 Gallic Debs and mine with those.