Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Custom Starspheres?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know where to get some nice custom starspheres? I'm getting a bit tired of the mostly Vanilla ones we use at the moment.
I would like to know that too. also, we can try to do em ourselves
From what I was told, the process of creating custom starspheres is actually relatively simple (or so I was lead to believe). You make your 2D piece of graphic and 'bump map' texture it and convert it into the correct format.

Don't ask me about the specifics though, that's as far as my knowledge goes.
yea, I guess how to do it.
Starspheres are weird. If you have CMP Importer 2.7 for Milkshape you can open them. They're actually just a sphere with an odd texture. They look entirely different when loaded into Milkshape, its strange. I think i'm gonna get 3DSMax or something to deal with them...
EDIT: and on top of that, theres a bunch of partial spheres for those little stars and things. Hmmmm.
I've got the Plasmafire Starspheres. If you want a link I can provide one over Skype.;)
There are those among the devs who say that Milkshape sucks balls.
Is it okay to use custom starspheres on Disco? I would've thought it wouldn't be allowed, since it can give you an advantage by making ships easier to spot...
I would use them anyways even if they aren't allowed.:PI love eye candy.

P.S.: Many people use it and Admins don't really care.;)
Pages: 1 2