Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A New Rheinlander... Maybe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone,

I have been playing Discovery for the past two days and so far I love it. It adds a level of dynamism that I felt was always lacking in the original FL MP. The forums have been a tremendous resource, as well.

I'm currently still feeling my way around and making the Dortmund Station>Isehera Terra Complex run until I decide which direction I will take. I'm hoping to have a post-able bio within the next few days.

Once I get the ban sorted out (which I incurred because Adaware started to play fast-and-loose with my game files), I hope to jump back in.

Hope to see you in space!

-Otto.Herrlich
Hope you get everything sorted out and get back to flying as soon as posisble! You seem like a smart person who can make some good RP, and I'm glad to see that you've decided to become part of the community. Maybe you can link your bio in this thread once you're done? I'd love to read it.
Have fun and fly safe.
-Az
I thank you for your compliment. I was just contacted by an admin, so hopefully I'll be back behind the stick soon.

I will definitely link my Bio to this thread once I feel comfortable with it. I'm continuously being thwarted in writing by realizing how few temperate planets are in Rheinland Space from which to claim heritage (Stuttgart is about it). Its making it difficult to formulate the persona of the rough-and-tumble-outdoorsman-turned-aerial-gunner that i'm hoping for. I guess that's part of being a Rheinlander, though: cold and more cold haha.
Nice to see a new face on board, even if you are a Rheinlander >_>
But otherwise, I look forward to reading your bio. I hope everything gets sorted out for you, and I hope to see you in space...
There is alot of new lore, and watch out for the SCRA/RHA if your a trader in Rheinland. They can be hasslesome!
Good flying!
Everything got sorted out and I'm back trading Terra-forming Gas and Plutonium.

And get out you're gavel Judge Judy so you can judge me for being a Rheinlander. It wasn't my choice where I was born and raised. In Rheinland we do the best with what we are given. I grew up on a family farm as a Jaeger, a "Hunter" as a rough translation, driving the local wildlife and raiders off of our family property. We aren't pampered like you Libertonian types with your rampant consumerism and and endless industrial capacity.

Rheinlanders, as our ancestors did from our days in the Sol System, know that power does not come from comfort, it comes from the proper and surgical application of force.

Restricted by only having civilian weapons at my disposal, I feel outgunned. So far the only issues I've encountered are with the GC. Schwein!

And I hope I see you in space too.
Hey there welcome to Discovery RP, here are a few links that should help you out:

-Discovery Role-Play 24/7 Rules

-Tutorials and Support Sub-Forum

-Full List of Server Commands

-List of Server Rules

-Forum Rules

-Technology Chart

-Discovery Mod Wikipedia

-You can also relay on these people to help you out or if you have questions. That would be all from me, good luck, have fun and see you ingame.
Thank you for the breakdown. As a law abiding citizen of the Rhein, I appreciate it.

I'm actually going to bookmark this for future reference.
Welcome to the love and chaos;)

Cheers mate