Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Alcohol in Sirius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yep, me again.

Quote:**Wine**

Wine is an alcoholic beverage that has been a part of many cultures since the beginning of human civilization. It is produced by fermenting crushed grapes using various types of yeast which consume the sugars found in the grapes and convert them into alcohol. [color=#4f0000]Virtually all wines originate from Gallia, and there is a thriving market for them across Sirius, where real alcohol is in short supply.

In my opinion, this infocard is fanciful and silly. I do not feel inclined to swallow that non-Gallic Sirians were unable to or uninterested in producing wine, whether from grapes or other fruits. It may be fun to keep Wine as a commodity that is common and cheap in Gallia, but come on... really? Even other drinks? A whisky still is not that hard to make, nor is a brewery. I do not see why Sirians would not produce alcoholic beverages before encountering Gallia.

Perhaps other alcoholic beverages should be introduced as commodities, but that is not the main point.
Pretty sure this is just based on the fact that there were no alcoholic commodities in Vanilla freelancer.
' Wrote:Pretty sure this is just based on the fact that there were no alcoholic commodities in Vanilla freelancer.

Well there weren't any sidewinderfang and Liberty ale commodities in vanilla either, but we all know they existed in vanilla.
Quote:where real alcohol is in short supply.
REAL alcohol. Not any synthethic one;)
' Wrote:Well there weren't any sidewinderfang and Liberty ale commodities in vanilla either, but we all know they existed in vanilla.
Well, right, I didn't say the infocard was *correct*, I'm just surmising as to the reasoning behind the statement.
SCRA could sell vodka.
' Wrote:SCRA could sell vodka.

Talk to Alvin about a Smirnoff commodity.

Thst,is needed so,badly.
Ask the QCP about some fine spirits, other then that I'm in agreement with you.
Add heroin,ex and speed, maybe shroom's too.

So I can roleplay a drug dealer :cool:
' Wrote:Talk to Alvin about a Smirnoff commodity.

Thst,is needed so,badly.

Smirnoff sucks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5