Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining system:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, you fly into a designated zone, shoot around the place, collect commodities. The zone can deplete and regenerate itself.

I wonder if this can work in reverse? You fly into a zone, shoot, commodities DISAPPEAR from your hold and you get credits in return.

Now, imagine if the 'mining zone' was small, really small. So small you could fit only one transport into it.

Then imagine that zone was located right on top of a base or planet - so if you were in it, it looked like you were lining up to dock with something.

THEN imagine if you didnt have a 'mining laser' - but a 'docking marker' or 'laser designator' to assist in the transfer of commodities.

You would then have a solution to the Point-Of-Sale problem.

Control of the sale of commodites.
Control by ship,
control by equipment,
control by faction.
The mining alterations tie to hitting small rocks with your guns. What you propose is only possible if there's a debris zone right on top of the station. Hitting the station is probably not a good idea since that'll eventually make the station go hostile.
Understood - but what if you werent shooting at the base itself, but a seperate object linked to a null faction?

There are objects one can shoot at that dont go hostile, like Gates. question is can hitting such an object be used to trigger a script?
' Wrote:Understood - but what if you werent shooting at the base itself, but a seperate object linked to a null faction?

There are objects one can shoot at that dont go hostile, like Gates. question is can hitting such an object be used to trigger a script?
Why this mining/shooting stuff?

/unload [COMMODITY] in a certain range (150m?) of station - it can even take some time, so you have to stay there for a minute or so;)

And I think everything can get hostile if you shoot it long enough or at the right spot:D
To be sure, I was simply looking at hijacking the existing scripts for the purpose of unloading. Whether a unique script can have the same effect is of course a pertinent question...
Can we have Toxic waste dumping sites??
With increacing radioactivity and decreacing dumping-payments?