Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ID Comms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok how about some form Of ID chat command something like, you can send a message to all people who have a certain ID, rogues for example say you see a big haul and you want to inform other rogues or you are under attack and need backup.
It would create alot more interesting and realistic interactions by having the ability to call your brothers in arms rather than trying to scroll through the list of names hoping for a friend on the other side of the Pm. Is this idea plausable? any thoughts on the idea please feel free to post them please.:D
If I am not in a group with other Reavers and I know other Reavers are online and I need help I can do the following:

/fm reaver I bit off more than I can chew, monsieur. Round on me for some help in O7!

Anyone with the word reaver in their character name will get that message. I don't know if a chat function can be based off a user's ID, but I would assume it can. I'm not in favor of it though.
Well, Reavers all have "Reaver" in their name. But, say, indie Rogues. They all have different names with no identification in their title. So, it would a great tool for getting help from 'em if you could call 'em all with an ID-message.
I'd love it. FR2 all the way!

/msgid IC Yo. You ugly contractors. Make some money and be sure to greet authorities! And don't fricking smuggle Cardamine again.
When I bought an ID, I wasn't subsribing to the spam.
Save me from it.
' Wrote:When I bought an ID, I wasn't subsribing to the spam.
Save me from it.

This.
When I joined DiscoveryGC I didn't accepted to be trolled in terms.

If we have ignore option already, you think it wouldn't work on this? We already have /fm which we use. Both ways. So would this one.

I'm rather disappointed in your two short sighted thinking.
*Logs onto Pirate ID Vagrant Raider*

Chat:
"lol n e 1 up for sum webcam?"
"need help plz labc cali lol!"
"prepare 2 die pirat noobs!"

Yeah no thanks.

so your problems with this idea are lolwuts that are already existent and pester you in other ways already ? someone can quite easily Pm you or /FM all of your qoutes dream theater.

EDIT: Also something i missed you say PIRATE ID: My thoughts are this only works with Non generic ID's , kinda like owning a barge. because lets face it most of the people who are lullies go for the generic ID's.