Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Insanely new
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all :D

I'm embarrassingly green when it comes to the mod and the multiplayer version of the game :$. I have virtually no idea what I'm doing and spend most of my time bumbling around Kusari after restarting as a Kusari native.

I intend to remain in Kusari for the time being. Either a legal trader or...somewhere decidedly more disgruntled. Who knows?

I have read the rules; all makes sense. Other than that, I am completely clueless.

Anyway, here's hoping I can pick things up:D
Welcome. Don't join a player faction for a couple months, trust me.
:yahoo:WELCOME :yahoo:
Greetings. Don't worry, confusion is normal. Have fun.
Welcome. Do join a player faction - it's invaluable if you have people at hand that you can bug with whatever question arises. Just don't judge disco after one faction.:$
Thank you for many replies.

I am shopping around the various different groups, so to speak, to see if any take my fancy and offer me the role I would like. First question: The infamous guild tags. An example being the GMG's guild tag GMG|-insert name-

How would this be achieved? As far as I can determine, it would be the system command for changing names. Which would, of course, require someone to have a fairly good store of money lying around.
Those are used by the aforementioned player-factions. They wont be happy if they'd see you using them without a question. But you can always apply for membership - see the 'Factions' section of that forum if you are interested.
' Wrote:Thank you for many replies.

I am shopping around the various different groups, so to speak, to see if any take my fancy and offer me the role I would like. First question: The infamous guild tags. An example being the GMG's guild tag GMG|-insert name-

How would this be achieved? As far as I can determine, it would be the system command for changing names. Which would, of course, require someone to have a fairly good store of money lying around.

I would recommend learning to roleplay and deciding how serious of a gaming experience you want to have here before investing in an official faction. People will tell you to join official factions for support, but that's foolhardy. You should be your own support. Don't be a spineless sheep. As with all things in life, from buying a house to losing your virginity, you should educate yourself before making a decision.
Of course, I had intended it for when I had eventually designed to join a particular faction. I was merely asking about the method of applying it. Far be it from me a little green pilot to presume identity with a given fanction:P
As for roleplaying, I have done much of it in the past. Simply not on Freelancer. I have had experience with Guild Wars, EVE and other roleplay dedicated multiplayer societies but never taken my love for freelancer to the net.

At the moment, I'm learning the ropes of the game. Going to take a long time, but that's what I'm here fore (:
Pages: 1 2