Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Loss/Fluct serious issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yeah, in these past days (almost one week), this is what the /ping command has always shown:
[Image: 2l95zy0.jpg]
Obviously, making PvP impossible. I decided to run DSL speed tests after checking with WinMTR (results here). First I tried with a few servers located around Germany, getting decent results:
[Image: 1366899008.png]
[Image: 1366901755.png]
[Image: 1366903372.png]

But when I ran the last one, where the host is supposed to be, I got this (which somehow matches with the WinMTR results):
[Image: 1366905010.png]

So what's exactly happening? Am I the only one having this trouble or is anybody else suffering this? T_T
Yes there is at least one other person having similar problems.

That would be me.
According to MTR, I'm getting losses a long way down the line, mostly on the Europe end of things.

There isn't a whole heck of a lot I can do about it in fact, except try to do a little trading and avoid other players as much as possible -or- get off the server and do something else.

I've had MTR running while typing this and so far EVERY 'Hetzner' server on the list has some sort of loss.

Hope this gets sorted soon.
Same here.

Normal ping:
~25-40ms depending how many players are on.
Normally 0 lag, loss

Current:
~120-200ms
Pretty high lag and loss.

and the distance to the server is just 50kilometers.

Shooting npcs is already annoying as hell.

Not to mention pvp.
Yup I have been problems aswell.

My normal ping is about 70 its up and 120 atm and I have also been getting like 10% loss
Yeah, same here. Calms down if absolutely nothing is happening, however it jumps to 10% lag and loss with an extra 50 - 100ms ping with 50ms fluct if there's a battle or something.

Was looking up ways to somehow avoid the dodgy servers - From my very limited knowledge, WTFast seems to "hop over" a bunch of inbetween servers by using their own servers. However, its for TCP packets, not UDP, which Freelancer uses.

Ideas?
Used to be like that a month or so ago. Stayed like that for a few weeks, got me pissed off and then disappeared same way it came.
It's been the same for me for about 1 month now.

My ping before that was always somewhere around 170 - 240 depending on how my net felt and how full the server was. I'd get occasional lag spikes, but most of the time fluct was rather low and rarely had more than 1 - 2% lag/loss.

Now, my ping shows at least 290ms when on server select screen, and soon as I connect and undock it gets kicked up to 320 or so and that's when there's no one around. Soon as some players or NPCs appear, I suddenly get 400 - 450ms ping and at least 30ms fluct with 10 - 15% lag/loss at best... If even more players appear, it's a definite red lag.

Thing is, I checked and double checked it with my ISP and they said there's no issue with my net, and the fact that my ping with other Disco servers has stayed the same means there's something with Disco, not my net. Even now, when I have 480/36/18/9 on GC and switch to UK right away, I get the usual nice and clean 170/2/0/0.

P.S: Just tell Igiss to move the server to Russia and be done with it? (So I get 70 - 90ish ping with Disco [Image: skype-bandit.gif])
Nothing wrong in Dutchland [Image: Skype-emoticons-74-bandit.gif]

I won't mention this is even on wifi

[Image: 1368035975.png]
I had all the problems described above despite my host sitting in Frankfurt as well.

Except my ping was around a second up to 1400ms. Horrible lag and loss.

All of this only after actually choosing a char. Before choosing a char my ping to the server used to show 40ms.

I have tried to do everything to my settings I could do and the last things I did made a difference. Maybe it's just coincidental, I don't know. And since I altered a few things at once, I of course don't know which particular alteration did the trick.

What I did was the following:

1. In my Fritz!Box I made a rule that real-time applications override all other internet-accesses. I created the entry "Freelancer", with UDP optimisation.

2. I checked my Network-connections and found a connection I used to use for a wireless USB-stick. I deleted that connection since I am using a LAN-kable to my repeater.

3. I am using Ashampoo 10S for system maintainance. In the tab "Internet Connections" I set everything to windows-standard

Please note that the Fritz!Box is the most commonly used hardware in Germany. It comes with many appearances. The one from 1&1 is black, for example and the thing you get from Deutsche Telekom also contains a Fritz!Box despite the different looking white cover.

More information about Fritz!Box can be sought through Wikipedia.

You cant PVP with a ping of around 100? *cries sarcastically* Good grief... Move to Asia, or the Southern Hemisphere and then see how we fare... My ping is never under 400, (Not that I can pvp anyway)

Personally I dont know of any issues, but will flag the thread and see if anyone else knows of anything.
Pages: 1 2