Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Persephone .Ini problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah um this went down a couple of months ago and you guys (Admins ,dur) might have already got a PM about this but what the hay i marse well post it here anyway ,

(btw this was on the DUSA RP 24/7 server)

''[2:16:43 AM] Quirc (this is the guy that was tresting to fly it) : its strafe drive can propel it to cruise speeds,
but its forward/backward acceleration is abysmally low''

Fixed

Heres How :
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\SHIPS\shiparch.InI
Scroll down Right to the bottom ( thats where its stuff is)
until you see ''nickname = dsy_persephone''
and then look for:
''linear_drag ''
change it to:

''linear_drag = 1.000000''
And change ''Mass''
To:
''mass = 300.000000''
and change ''strafe_force''
To:
''strafe_force= 10000''

(Thats just some home-brew codes i made up)

And i think that may stop the Engine kill problem and that should provide regular battleship menuverablillity and strafing speed.

This may be a bit clearer :
http://www.discovery-usa.com/phpBB3/viewto...?f=9&t=8047

Also heres a coppy of the shiparch.InI if anyone wants to test it out
http://www.mediafire.com/?rasklhbsboqgygw

hopfully something like this could be added into 4.86
Persephone is getting a replacement in 4.86, but nice catch. Jinx, this one's for you:)
known ever since - its an ini mistake i made - causing the ship to accelerate with almost "realistic" speed - but allowing it to strafe with 600+

cannon tried to fix it several times serverside - but it reverts back to its faulty ini every time they do something about the server...

new version is fixed in that respect.
well it ended up having infinate EK (engine kill)
whats infinite EK?

most ships of a certain mass never slow down when EKing.... unless you mean infinite speed... yes, thats true. hence its a bug and not a feature.

either way - its a long known problem - and its my mistake for writing a bugged ini for the ship - shame on me - makes the ship unusable. but since i m the only one using it.... i don t really care much. - plus.... 4.86 was released on schedule 2 years ago hehe
2024 man 2024