Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer via Proxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I've been regularly getting a heap of loss/lag from the server (Mainly due to Heztner servers between me and the Disco server), I decided to contact the guys at PingCraft (Formally WTFast) about a possible solution. Since Freelancer uses UDP sockets (From my very limited knowledge), the guys at PingCraft invited me to a private UDP beta test.

Anyway, long story short, after using ProxyCap and setting Freelancer to use their proxy server, I can't find -any- Freelancer servers. I'm thinking its something to do with how the global server workaround works, but I'm no network whiz, so I can't think how to solve the issue.

Network whizzes, come take a squiz?
Still stumped...
Well done Rhys!
Who are you and how did you know my name? Unless you're a bat-duck with network-whizzing skills, don't talk to me!

:P
Nah... Wolvernie-duck here... Bat-Duck is from DC.
No, I don't really have a clue why it doesn't work or what you would need to do to make it work.
Ah well. Was worth a shot, I'll keep trying to nut it out with the eggheads over at PingCraft.
Format C:\
Kk, wolverine-duck. Hopefully it'll delete windows at the same time. Always takes -ages- to load on startup.