Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Classic songs that will make you cry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, go ahead and be a little emotional here, it is ok! Please make your links big and colorful.

[color=#663366]"They Say It's Wonderful" - Johnny Hartman & John Coltrane

To start: I had my headphones on at work and decided to put this song on and choked up at my desk. I have been thinking a lot about what meaning a romantic relationship really carries when everything today is about self-centered transactions and narcissism. Many of Hartman's ballads explore a reaction to the fact that the romantic ideal is often unfulfilled or distorted and this one hit me really hard today.

Your turn . . .

edit: if videos are not available in your country, please use hidemyass.com
Oh my god... that was so...

NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY

Damn.
' Wrote:Oh my god... that was so...

NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY

Damn.

Try hidemyass.com:
http://4.hidemyass.com/ip-1/encoded/Oi8vd3...5R1VmTEtBWWs%3D
It's too bad Johnny died at 60 from smoking and Dionne damaged her voice with it. That's a great live performance by Dionne in her prime, though . . . and what a set!

It's impressive when a handful of inspirational people like Dionne define a whole decade of music.

[color=#663333]Bing Crosby - Pennies from Heaven
A great bedtime song with a deeper message about the Great Depression. Always turns my day around!!!
I, monster - Daydream in blue
Marianne Faithfull - "Working Class Hero"

There. But I has more. Not sure the following will induce the emotions you are looking for, but crying is guaranteed.

Karel Gott - Lady Karneval

Klaus Nomi - Simple Man

aaaand get ready for the big gun...

Eläkeläiset - Soramonttuhumppa (Enter sandman)
A little newer than some that have been posted, but still classic.

[font=Impact]Tuesday's Gone - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Celine Dion, TITANIC, will make you cry....
This song makes me want to cry

Mazzy Star - Into Dust

Pages: 1 2