Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lock your own thread function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could we have a function to Lock your own thread?

Would help Moderators alot to clean the forums from garbage.

So thoughts?
Might be a good idea, I think. Would be especially useful in the cases of "This is mine, don't post here" threads.

usefull feature sounds usefull
Was already being proposed earlier.
Why? So you can lock it and prevent any negative comments as soon as they come in and kill the discussion whenever you feel like it?
' Wrote:Why? So you can lock it and prevent any negative comments as soon as they come in and kill the discussion whenever you feel like it?
Yes. Just like PMing moderator to do that. Just you won't need to waste his time any more.
This may be fitting for ship sale and open market threads. Otherwise, I do not think that it would be useful.

But then again I don't think a thread should be locked at an author's request in the middle of discussion either.
I think that if a user makes a thread, he should have the right to lock it either way. It's not like a mod can't just unlock it again if they so choose to.

Lots of forums have this. We should too.
Speaking as a mod, most likely, this will never happen. Too much possibility of abuse.
Not going to happen.
Pages: 1 2