Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A fine mod you have here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've never disliked Freelancer, infact I have always loved it, apart from the time when the singleplayer ended and i spent half of my life trapsing around the galxy screaming OMGWTFSAD! Which was still very fun, but after 3 years of game time, it tends to get a little tedious.

Cue Disco!

I don't know why I never tried Multiplayer before, but I don't really care anymore, as this mod and community would have blown it away anyway.

Despite Having spent more of my waking hours in FL rather than actual life (the borders of which seemed to blur eventually anyway) I was absolutly blown away by the fact that when I started up my DFL experience, I knew nothing. It was like a whole new game! So many ships and places and IDs and factions and more RP and storyline... It was easily as good as EVE or any big-time space MMO. Possibly better!

Thanks for the great mod, and as now a 3-day old verteran (HA) I know... still nothing.
You may have seen me wandering aimlessly around the houses or being torn apart by angry Xeno PCs in Colorado, or arguing in NY, but I love all of it, from the crazed terrorists to the show-off capwhores to the people who say 'come on, think about it! Slaves are just as legal as VIPs!'
Welcome to the server and multiplayer FL, have fun :D
' Wrote:or arguing in NY

Yeah, that was me. Sorry if I was a bit harsh.. well, maybe more. ( The thing is that, according to his ID, he shouldn't be having the ship in the first place, never mind being in Liberty!:P--- hope this makes it more clear)

Anywho, welcome to Discovery. Sorry again for probably pissing you off.. in your first days on Disco, that is. I know it doesn't feel nice. Right. Enjoy your stay here and beware of the cannibals! We've got four of them but two are... absent.:PFor now, watch out for Turkish and bluntpencil. I'll warn you about the other two when they get back:D
Welcome to Discovery!

As you already noticed it holds a plethora of possibilites to evolve the orignial Freelancer experience.
For the first days, just be careful to follow the rules and not to fly into a Phantom. They're spooky.

See you in space!
Ya made me laugh, Ghhyrd. A rare accomplishment.

Kudos, and welcome.

(Oh, and btw, http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7500# )

Kallisti,
Mal
Hello, Welcome and good luck out there!
Welcome, Ghhyrd (I'm glad I don't have to pronounce it, just write). Discovery is an amazing experience. The mod is great and the community is incredible. I've been here for 5 months now and I just can't let it go. Be sure to take a look at Xoria's abundantly useful guide to newcomers, it's a must read. Also, I'm pretty sure it will save you from a lot of arguments in game.

Enjoy!:cool:
Welcome bud, good luck.
' Wrote:Yeah, that was me. Sorry if I was a bit harsh.. well, maybe more. ( The thing is that, according to his ID, he shouldn't be having the ship in the first place, never mind being in Liberty!:P--- hope this makes it more clear)

Anywho, welcome to Discovery. Sorry again for probably pissing you off.. in your first days on Disco, that is. I know it doesn't feel nice. Right. Enjoy your stay here and beware of the cannibals! We've got four of them but two are... absent.:PFor now, watch out for Turkish and bluntpencil. I'll warn you about the other two when they get back:D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and forget about the arguing! As much as it may annoy other person I find a good argument fun (this gets really annoying after a while but i'll try to hold back :D)

Looking back at it now from an RP angle I can see why a Kusari ship shouldn't really have been in Liberty without explanation, but I suppose that his ID wouldn't have allowed him that class anyway.

And cannibals? What madness have I stepped into :laugh:

EDIT- Ahh! So many posts in so little time!

Must respond quickly!

See you in space too,

Thanks Mal, I try :P

Thanks King,

I know, it's brilliant! And thanks for the link! I'm glad I've never tried pronouncing it either, but I'm sure it would be some insane babble along the lines of 'Guh hi yurd'

And thanks

*Wipes sweat from forehead* Phew! Now I'll just finish this work and hop onto the server... Hope I see ya all on there some time!

As one of those angry Xenos, I welcome you to discovery, in fact I think it may have been me who turned your CSV to scrap for mining our silver, for that I don't apologise, but I recommend running really far when you see a snakey name in your scanner.:D

Other than that welcome to disco, have fun watch out for terrorists of all descriptions, and fly safe
Pages: 1 2