Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ticket Based Admin-Contact Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sending a PM to an admin often proves to be inefficient. With a community this size, a single admin may have problems keeping track of the help requests. If he misses it, it was pointless.
If you post your request in a thread, however, it will get spammed really fast and the only thing that you actually wanted to hear - admin input - will not be given because of various circumstances. For example, the matter might require internal discussion. Yet none of the admins can be arsed to kick it off. And once fought out on the admin forums, the member that made the request already died after choking on his grey beard.

So writing to a single person doesn't really work all that well.
And public forum posts don't work all that well either.

I am requesting a new support forum in which created topics should only be visible to admins

In order to prevent uninformed spam and enable an internal discussion right away, a help request "ticket" shouldn't be visible to the public and only be answered in a different forum. So as you can see, the construct is very similar to the sanctioning process.

- OR -

We simply get more admins:P
Or just CC the PM to all the admins.
' Wrote:Or just CC the PM to all the admins.

That feels all naughty and spammy.

But er ... you know ... I er ... will totally go with this in the future (bandit)
' Wrote:That feels all naughty and spammy.

But er ... you know ... I er ... will totally go with this in the future (bandit)

It's the reason we have more than one Admin you know.
zelot!

you seems to be the moast active admin atm, so please bargify some of us.
sorry for posting here like this. :$
you heard the man. Send a roundhouse kick via PM. To all of them.
Well, fortunately for me, and unfortunately for you all, I am on vacation in Israel, and have no server access, so I cant do any ship stuff for anybody.
' Wrote:you heard the man. Send a roundhouse kick via PM. To all of them.
But don't forget to use the template:

Quote:Admin Entreaty Template:

Aw sustainers of the Universe and Order, I humbly beg for you to devote a fragment of your time - what's value I have no way to measure - to the case I present here. Please heed my words, and let me bath in your wisdom by receiving your unquestionable judgement in the following matter:

<base of message here>

Please aw omniscient beings, be forgiving towards the lowly maggot that bothers you with such mundane matters, and do not unleash the Cat of Scrödinger on my insignificant self harshly without considering my reasons for appealing for your precious understanding and patronage. I sincerely hope that the time wasted on my supplication wasn't necessary to sustain the fabric of reality, or my existene.

Sincerely - <name of soul to be extinguished in anger>
' Wrote:Well, fortunately for me, and unfortunately for you all, I am on vacation in Israel, and have no server access, so I cant do any ship stuff for anybody.

still there eh:D
hope you like it there and havind a good vacation.
well , no other thing left then to wait then:)
*waves*
' Wrote:Or just CC the PM to all the admins.

Some close their inbox
Pages: 1 2