Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A favor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a name, of east Asian origin (preferably Japanese), that meant something along the lines of "new sun" or "New Star" I've already made translations for one even found the romanized versions and all, but I don't wanted to sound as if it were spoken in a sentence, I want it to be compact as if it were meant to be a name. Kinda like some names that have a latin sub-meaning because of a word it borrows from i.e. Moreno which means dark, or dark-skinned, from moor, meaning dark, as in the moors.

Is there anyone who can help me in devising such naming even building them from scratch. Not only for the Japanese but in general.
http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/jap.php

If you search with control + f,

HOSHI 星 f Japanese
Means "star" in Japanese.

ARATA 新 m Japanese
Means "fresh, new" in Japanese.

So, that might work out for you. I don't even come close to speaking Japanese, though, so maybe wait for some oriental feedback on this.
新日
XinRi

New Sun

新星
XinXing

New Star

明日之星
MingRiZhiXing

Star of Tomorrow

Chinese.
If this was the name of a ship, add 号(Hao, spoken only) at the end of its designation.
Please, please, please, whatever you do, don't use a Chinese surname for a Japanese/Kusari char. I say this as a half Chinese. Please don't.
Sorry I forgot to make this clear: I will NEVER make a Kusari-based charterer. Now that I've cleared that up it's actually for my own personal story, linked ion the sig.