Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Being a lawful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So, am I the only one that thinks that there are far too many rules as a lawful character? Especially police forces?

I am trying to learn all the rules and clauses for the Bretonia Armed Forces, and I'm a bit overwhelmed about how many rules there are for the player to follow just to be in the armed forces. God only knows what its like in the BPA when they tend to have fewer targets, since they're not frontline.

Is there a way for factions to really, cut down on all the rules so people can play the game? I'm considering creating more pirates because there are only two rules.
  1. Survive
  2. Grab money
Sure, in a faction there are likely more rules for pirates.

Now, lawful factions, please reform and cut down on the rules?
This is one of two reasons why I don't generally play lawfuls.

There's an understanding that there will be a lot of rules about playing them but I don't know what these rules are (not that I can even find a complete list)

And that I can't think of any backstory ideas better than "I joined the Navy so now I'm in the Navy." >.>
I had no problems...

Target is sympathetic = All right, ya may go, I was looking the other way. Don't let me see you again doing whatever I assume you did.
Target is ignorant or in a hurry = *ram* Well, it seems you have a broken tail-light. You shall pay a fine for taking off like that...
I don't really see any rules.:D
' Wrote:I don't really see any rules.:D

Yea, I am not sure what you are talking about either Fletch.
You know, as much as I complain, I actually like BAF's policies. I think the more dignified "unlawful" factions should have such scrutiny, too. Nothing like a good code of dress and behavior to straighten out your act.
Let's see.. you mean like...

Lawful scans ID, while "suspect" jets away;

Lawful scans cargo, while "suspect" jets away further;

Lawful checks cargo against embargo'd/restricted lists while "suspect" throws a moon from the next system.

Those laws?

Edit: Wup, I forgot to check the "wanted"/outstanding fines list. Target is now in gamma, changing his "recruit" ID (lvl 55) to something more appropriate.
Well, most unlawfull IDs are either terrorist IDs in their ZoI, and pirate ID is sirius-wide terrorist ID.
Especially Outcasts and Sairs (great factions if you want to go on pvp-capwhoring)

That's why I play lawfull hunters, mostly. Don't feel too guilty when pewpewing people (like I would feel when pirating miner/trader)
Laws.. as rules if that is what you mean?

Lawful = red is dead.
Unlawful = Pay or die. (mostly)

As a navy it's quite easy to play.
'Hey look a pirate'
you know the rest.
Lawful rules exist because they are the main way in which the lawful command structure dictates its RP. Essentially, just as killing people is a pirate's RP outlet, making rules and enforcing them is a Lawful's RP outlet. Yes, killing people is simpler, and yes, there are a few rules which could do with a reform, but if lawfuls operated like pirates and simply shot everyone they didn't like, then the lawful factions would simply collapse under the sheer weight of people crying that their rights have been abused. I mean, if a Corsair blows up a trader, thats perfectly acceptable to most people, but if a Navy indie shoots a Zoner, a war erupts. Lawfuls have a lot more responsibilities than pirates when it comes to protecting people and trying to really play the role of a person tasked with keeping things in line.

It's easy to create chaos
It's hard to create order

Also, if you want to help lawfuls cut down on the beurocracy, join a lawful faction, rank up, then help rewrite the laws. Alternitavly, suggest some specific ways in which the lawful factions can improve their rules to be more streamlined and conducive to fun, and send them off to faction leaders. Or, you can offer lawfuls constructive criticism, and CONSTRUCTIVE is the key word here, on their current laws, and make a valid case for why an improved law system would improve both fun and RP within that lawful's duristiction. Its a long, arduous task, but it is much more effective than asking the current lawful factions to do it for you.

Just because being a lawful isn't easy, doesn't mean it isn't fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5