Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Joysticks/Gamepads and Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I recently found this nifty usb cord that plugs into the end of your xbox controller cord. So I wondered what it would do.

To make a long story short, I made it work to control the computer. There's a program that lets you set the buttons and joysticks and triggers (etc.) to different keys on the keyboard. I have a set to click, while x, b, and y are set to weapon groups. One trigger shoots while the other thrusts. I could go on and tell you what everything does, but that would be pointless.

The left thumbstick is the stearing while the right thumbstick is slow down, speed up, and strafe. However it is actually really hard to steer. This is because moving the thumbstick is like moving the mouse. If you move it left, it goes and stays. Therefore if you move the thumbstick left, it turns the ship left, but the ship KEEPs turning left until you push the thumbstick right to straighten it out. It's really hard that way to point your ship where you want it to go.

So, my question to you is:

Is there a way to make freelancer on a sticky reticule basis? As in you turn left, but then when you let go of the thumbstick the ship will straighten out again? (Press is left, the ship turns left. Let go - the ship straightens out.)

This seems pretty much impossible but I know some of you guys are pretty smart so maybe there is a way.

THanks!

PS: If you want to know how to setup your gamepad with freelancer just ask. Although you do have to have a good amount of buttons because there are a lot of controls on FL. You can use your keyboard and gamepad at the same time though, same with the mouse.
I've seen that program before...you should be able to get one of the joysticks to replace mouse movement. So when your joystick bounce back to the middle so does your cursor....Haven't used that in years though so I can't give details....i will look into it
Oh yeah! That's exactly what I need! If you could find the info on that I would be REALLY greatfull!

Thanks!