Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BBcode tables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to have table functionality for these boards. I have made use of standard table html properties below but I am sure more than the basics can be accommodated if people want nice tables. If you don't want to use them then you won't have to.

I am capable and willing to write some sort of plugin myself

What the html looks like:

Code:
<table border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="2"><tr>
<td>Hello world</td>
<td>inb4 dab</td>
<td rowspan="2">h<br />a<br />i<br />!</td>
</tr><tr>
<td colspan="2">join my faction trolololol</td>
</tr>
</table>

What the bbcode would look like:

Code:
[table border=1 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=2][tr][td]Hello world[/td][td]inb4 dab[/td][td rowspan=2]h
a
i
![/td][/tr][tr][td colspan=2]join my faction trolololol[/td][/tr][/table]

What it would look like (without background color):

[Image: screenshot20110712at317.png]
While it could be handy, where would it be used?
Yes tables would be nice, how would we go about adding them?
' Wrote:While it could be handy, where would it be used?
  • Faction and information pages
  • Signatures
  • Comm headers/footers, and maybe slice up an image with multiple hyperlinks
  • Sliced images in general
  • Statistical tables, like listing ships and their .ini stats in a balance discussion
  • RP event mapping
Also important to note, I forgot the width and height properties for the [td]'s but that would be in this too.

' Wrote:Yes tables would be nice, how would we go about adding them?

I can write a plugin or something.
Yes, damn yes.
I wonder would they be properly shown on Opera Mini or other mobile phones browsers.
This would be pretty cool. Especially for police factions (criminal databases) and trade factions (contract information). You got a +1 from me.
' Wrote:I wonder would they be properly shown on Opera Mini or other mobile phones browsers.

If your phone's browser doesn't support html tables, you've got bigger problems.
' Wrote:This would be pretty cool. Especially for police factions (criminal databases) and trade factions (contract information). You got a +1 from me.
[color=#FFFFFF]Oh God! Killboard in a proper way! +9000
Pages: 1 2