Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Internal Investigation (FO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Inspektor der Polizei is currently at holidays. Oberst Fritz Schulz has the command over the whole Polizei duties.
During a routine check he noticed a difference between the income (transfers from traders, taxes and fines) and the current amount of credits, the RFP|Arsenal has stored.
Detektiv Anne Michelsen was ordered to check the Inspektor´s remote terminal about all unusual outgoing transfers.
Oberst Schulz received unofficial report on this case written on small sheet of paper directly to his desk.
"Arsenal accounts lack around 100 millions. According to bank transfers, money went for maintainance of Bundestag building, but upon our request on status, we've received no information on ths transfer, aside from absense of one.

Johann Schmidt, presumably with forged goverment ID, took the money. He's dark-haired, fat, with grey eyes, has strange accent. That's all questioning of bank national bank employees has told us. Upon further investigation, we've found out it's one of civilian employees working in Berlin planetary department.

He clearly was quite nervous, but convincing him of our needs was enough. He wrote down document explaining how Weiss forged documents for him and wanted him to clean her money, gaining 5% of the income for himself.
I suppose we'll ignore his case if he pays out...well, something."
- D A Michelsen
Oberst Schulz reads the report. "100 million? Money cleaning?" he thought.
He ordered Oberst Bommel to fly to Planet Nuremberg, because Inspektor Weiss didn't answered the long range communications to Munich.
Oberst Bommel arrived at the Munich system

Bommel: Zis is Bundespolizei Oberst Bommel for Regensburg, we're on ze way to Nuremberg in special task for ze Rheinland Bundespolizei. Is zere something I have to notice?
Regensburg command: Zis is Regensburg command for Bundespolizei Oberst Bommel, the complete munich system lost the scan ability some days ago. We still investigate this problem. It seems someone with internal knowledge of the Rheinland scan systems had sabotage them.
Bommel: Verstanden Regensburg, I've noted it. I continue to Nuremberg now.
Oberst Bommel exited the lane to Nuremberg
Nuremberg PHQ: Zis is Nuremberg docking control for unidentified Rheinland ship. You're ordered to identify yourself!
Bommel: Zis is Bundespolizei, Oberst Bommel for Nuremberg Polizei headquarter, I'm here to contact Inspektor Weiss for an investigation.
Nuremberg PHQ: Verzeihung Oberst, but we had lately a problem with our scanner systems. So a bretonia Borderworld Export intruder managed to jettison a whole load of human waste in our orbit.
Bommel: Verstanden Nuremberg, what's about ze Inspektor Helga Weiss?
Nuremberg PHQ: We were contacted by ze Polizei Netzwerk, ze Inspektor was on ze way to us. She appeared in ze scanner range some minutes before ze scanner blackout happened. She isn't listed in ze docking log of Nuremberg.
Bommel: Verstanden Nuremberg.

..::Incomming Transmission::..

[Image: RFPHeader1.png]
[Image: renatebommel.gif]
PRIORITY: [color=#FF0000]High
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Obt. Renate Bommel
SOURCE: RFP|Kassel, Nuremberg Orbit, Munich system
SUBJECT: Weiss missing in Munich

Oberst Schulz,

seems we had a few problems in Munich ze last days:
Ze first is a system wide blackout for ze scanner systems. I'm not aware if all of zem now work.
Zen zere is a problem of toxic waste in ze Nuremberger orbit. Ze waste was unloaded by bretonia ships during ze blackout.
About Weiss: Nuremberg said, she never docked and she arrived some minutes before ze blackout started. So I've no chance to contact her.

***TRANSMISSION TERMINATED***
[Image: fritzschulz.jpg]

PRIORITY: [color=#33CC00]High
IDENTIFICATION: Oberst Fritz Schulz
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Re: Weiss missing in Munich
[color=#000000]
Oberst Bommel,

how's the investigation going?

[Image: RFPFooter1.png]
..::Incomming Transmission::..

[Image: renatebommel.gif]
PRIORITY: [color=#FF0000]High
IDENTIFICATION: Obt. Renate Bommel
SOURCE: Bundespolizei Transporter Kassel, Munich system

Oberst,

I stayed in Munich for helping them with ze repair.
Ze blackout was result of an malware attack.
We removed every signature in every subsystem.
But I recommend we should also check other systems.

Furthermore, ze long range scanners are now showing no evidence of Weiss or her ship.
By the way, before ze malware-uploaded started, ze request handshake protocoll logged Weiss´ access key.
I don't know how to interpret zat...

***TRANSMISSION TERMINATED***
[Image: fritzschulz.jpg]

PRIORITY: [color=#33CC00]High
IDENTIFICATION: Oberst Fritz Schulz
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
[color=#000000]
Oberst Bommel,

this is interesting. After I got you message I checked newer Rheinland and Bundespolizei paragraphs, which were created or signed by Weiss. It seems there are some contradictions with the laws made by the gouverment and signed by the Kanzler. As result of this, I'll contact my superior and send him all information we've collected.

Meanwhile, please return to your daily tasks.

[Image: RFPFooter1.png]