Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Order, is it like Cerberus from Mass Effect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Would you say that The Order is somewhat comparable to Cerberus Organisation from the Mass Effect series?

I mean, they both will go to far limits to protect humanity, often sacrificing a lot on the way, be it their own humanity or others safety.

Though in hindsight, I think The Order is a more neutral compared to the extremes Cerberus goes to.

Your thoughts?

Oh... got the two on Friday in the Bundle deal... it nearly killed me to finish them both today.
I would bet my last dollar that most things on Disco is based from movies,books etc, which is not a bad thing.If it works then why not implement it into a game.
yeah i guess that's an accurate statement, maybe the people who made mass effect played freelancer and got the idea to make Cerberus like the order.
Though does the Order go as far as Cerberus? I mean, experimentations and alien research wise? In-game they were shown as 'goodie-two-shoes-misunderstood-xenophobic' military outfit. Sure they did good, but where is their dark side. They must have done some bad things to get where they are.
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php/Cerberus

[color=#FFFFFF]Ever wondered about their ID? Now you know
well you did get to use the collectors weapons and you were kinda a member of Cerberus, but given the chance Cerberus would defiantly do research on the collectors and the collectors are kinda like the nomads in a way. but I'm not to sure on how far the order goes. and spoiler alert, i think the elusive man is a collector in disguise err reaper err something in the middle.
i never got to finish me2 but i kept getting a feeling like i was getting set up by the elusive man.
' Wrote:well you did get to use the collectors weapons and you were kinda a member of Cerberus, but given the chance Cerberus would defiantly do research on the collectors and the collectors are kinda like the nomads in a way. but I'm not to sure on how far the order goes. and spoiler alert, i think the elusive man is a collector in disguise err reaper err something in the middle.
i never got to finish me2 but i kept getting a feeling like i was getting set up by the elusive man.

[color=#FFFFFF]He's human and his name is Jack Harper (might be alias)...However this is a bit off-topic I believe
We are going to use the every technology we can get hands on, human or not. Order is extremely pro-human but careful in working, dealing with wet work covertly if possible. Also Orillion speech at 2:30. Libery president is more useful dead than infected.

' Wrote:http://discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php/Cerberus
[color=#FFFFFF]Ever wondered about their ID? Now you know

They made me play Mass Effects ha! But my Cerberus major was set up by Aubrey heh.
what makes you think order are protecting humanity? in vanilla - sure. here - i wouldn't count on it.
I think while both Cerberus and the Order have humanity in mind (at least, in Vanilla) their styles are very different. The Order is very clandestine, whereas Cerberus is boldly proactive. I'd say that Cerberus (of ME2) is comparable to Batman in the Dark Knight, or the Vigilante ID - if something needs to be done, they'll do it, regardless of morality issues.
Pages: 1 2 3