Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Back to Disco....But I have forgotten everything!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So a friend and I played a couple years ago, but we tapered off...I am looking to come back, but I remember agonizing over what group to join, what ship to use, etc, etc. What I am really looking for is a group to join before I make a character, that could maybe give me some helpful hints/lead me in the right direction. At this point, I'm up for anything...Cops, military, pirates, etc, etc. Maybe leaning more towards cops/military. I hate people who like to RP "DERP I PIRATE GIMME MONIES!"

Anyway, any recruitment officer have a speech/pitch for me? I'm ready to sign at the dotted line.:rtfm:
welcome back and join the GMG| today.
Don't join a faction for a while, it's better to define your gaming experience as an individual before adding other influences. Wiki is your friend: http://discoverygc.com/wiki

Start by trading or mining.
Hey there welcome to Discovery RP, here are a few links that should help you out:

-Discovery Role-Play 24/7 Rules

-Tutorials and Support Sub-Forum

-Full List of Server Commands

-List of Server Rules

-Forum Rules

-Technology Chart

-Discovery Mod Wikipedia

-You can also relay on these people to help you out or if you have questions. That would be all from me, good luck, have fun and see you ingame.
' Wrote:So a friend and I played a couple years ago, but we tapered off...I am looking to come back, but I remember agonizing over what group to join, what ship to use, etc, etc. What I am really looking for is a group to join before I make a character, that could maybe give me some helpful hints/lead me in the right direction. At this point, I'm up for anything...Cops, military, pirates, etc, etc. Maybe leaning more towards cops/military. I hate people who like to RP "DERP I PIRATE GIMME MONIES!"

Anyway, any recruitment officer have a speech/pitch for me? I'm ready to sign at the dotted line.:rtfm:

What Ingenious and Chet said.

Read the stuff in the links.

Also the community is helpful.....most of the time.

You has questions?
ASK THE COMMUNITY!
We has answers! /lolcat speak off
HELLO!!!

Welcome um er back?

After ur settled in i recommend joining a trading faction to start off with, theyr good to get back into things, and then move onto other things :yahoo:
' Wrote:i recommend joining a trading faction

Quote:The man who attemps to live for others is a dependent. He is a parasite in motive and makes parasites of those he serves. The relationship produces nothing but mutual corruption. It is impossible in concept. The nearest approach to it in reality'€”the man who lives to serve others'€”is the slave. If physical slavery is repulsive, how much more repulsive is the concept of servility of the spirit? The conquered slave has a vestige of honor. He has the merit of having resisted and of considering his condition evil. But the man who enslaves himself voluntarily in the name of love is the basest of creatures. He degrades the dignity of man and he degrades the conception of love. But this is the essence of altruism.
Thanks for the links and welcomes.

To pass the time and make some credits, I've taken up mining. I remember doing this for so long, haha. Ah well, maybe I'll find some people to RP with out there.
Ingenious, this is a welcome thread, not a soapbox for political commentary on the benefits of anarchy. Besides, we're all dependent upon the dev team and admins to keep running all this.;)

Welcome back, click links, ask questions. What houses are you looking at playing in?
' Wrote:Thanks for the links and welcomes.

To pass the time and make some credits, I've taken up mining. I remember doing this for so long, haha. Ah well, maybe I'll find some people to RP with out there.

You'll need matching IFF, ID, ship, and some mining turrets to make the most out of mining. It is pretty easy to set up a scrapping CSV so that Junkers (like me) will buy scrap metal from you. Or, go for one of the mining organizations (like IMG).
Pages: 1 2