Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
' Wrote:And admins ignored my proposition on this to legally allow trading intelligence services IDs (except LSF)

Doesn't really add to the discussion does it mate, can we keep this all relevant..
Also, I'd say use BDM ID and try searching for those rare pearls of awesome RP. Choosing Freelancer ID is metagaming on metagamers itself.
' Wrote:Not legal I think.
Then we can lolSANKSHUN the entire SCRA, cuse that's pretty much the only way to setup a new SCRA char.
TBH, it's not like anyone would really know if you did it.
less you want to file a sanction report on yourself:laugh:
I think undercover should be undercover. No things whch give you out OOCwise.
Here's my perspective as someone who's in Wilde and tries to be "sneaky".

Some people will play along, regardless of your ID and IFF. They'll act ignorant.

Some people will see the ID and go hmmm, best be on my best behavior but not do anything in character to let on that they know.

Some people will just go "BDM, shoot!".

I don't really know what to tell you. Sorry.
As a past and current intelligence faction/subfaction, I fully support the use of mercenary, pirate, and freelancer ID'd undercover ships.

Faction IDs, obviously, are off-limits for this unless prior (and exceptional) roleplay is performed. In fact, I'm bordering between "very very good and extensive RP" and "official faction approval", but currently undecided on my opinion to which side I stand.
Freelancer ID ship would sound more reasonable to me. I do believe the BdM would be able to take some ships with "freelancer papers", hmm?
I'd say just use the FL/merc ID's and iff's, just use them responsibly. As long as these guys are truly undercover, and gathering intel (ss and such) I don't think it will cause too much of a problem if used correctly within the bounds of RP. In my opinion, this would mean they take a very laid back roll without shooting people or making busts or trying to pull off a 4 man assasination attempt in another house or independent system, which is where some of the other undercover factions have gone wrong. Naturally if you want to do that just RP a little about on the forum first and it should be fine. Suffice to say, BDM has a good track reccord so far, so I think the community can trust you not to powergame the ID.
The proposed change in this thread is going into effect.

I would like to thank the community for their feedback.

We will do our best to give you something entertaining to do.
Well, I used to have BDM ID, untagged civilian snubs for checking embargo runners in the Independent Worlds between Rheinland and Liberty. I eventually gave up because in the majority of the times I was metagamed by the peoples' supernatural ability to see my ID :sleep:

But still, I support it instead of Freelancer ID. Just don't get into scanning range all the time and rename and change your ship every week.

PS. I hope your idea will work. Agents and spies were always something alternative for me in discovery RP.
Pages: 1 2 3 4