Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Recruitment office of the Brotherhood ([TBH])
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: avatar_10099.png]
[Image: avatar_10099.png]

The Brotherhood
Recruitment

he Brotherhood's recruitment office is located at Crete, near the famous Crete's bar and not far from the Corsairs Council Chambers. It is equipped with fully automated testing system, which is able to take care of the new recruits without the assistance of the Elders. However they still do pop in the office occasionally to make sure everything is running smoothly.

All the testing terminals are connected to the Brotherhood's mainframe (located in Deep Underground Vault along with other vital systems). One of latest artificial intelligence patches were installed on the recruiting systems and ever since that, the behavior of all the testing terminals became somewhat extraordinary.

Not only were they playing silly games with stressed recruits, such as waiting with the results while studying the poor person's movements through camera, but from time to time they even stopped following the testing procedures, set by the Elders, and they tested the recruits their way.

Do you want to fight for glory and honor? Do want to enrich yourself by smuggling artifacts and xeno relics? Or do you want to make a difference and fight for a better future for our kin? If you have an answer to one of these questions, you are more than welcome within The Brotherhood.

The template below is to be used before joining:

Code:
[color=#BF4000]
[indent]

[align=center][size=13]Application[/size][/align]

Name: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

Region from the empire: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

Why do you want to join?: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

What are capacities and what do you want to bring to the empire?: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

Biography: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

[hrc]#FFBF00[/hrc]

[align=center][size=13]OORP section[/size][/align]

How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

How familiar are you with the lore of corsairs?: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

Have you read our information thread and are aware of diplomatic relations towards other factions: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

Are you familiar with the Rules?: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

Do you agree to follow the Rules? Any rule violations may/will have consequences.: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

Do you agree to leave your prejudice behind and be excellent towards other players?: [color=#B3AFA9](here)[/color]

[align=center][img=145x160]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/962650256112226386/1178360787903979610/avatar_10099.png[/img][/align]
[/color]
[/indent]
The Brotherhood Recruitment Application:

Name: Alfonso Horacio Cortez

Skills: Im an experienced shipwright and engineer (I built my own Titan for my passage into manhood and Im currently building a gunboat for Dr. Stone Fisher of Black Squadron). Ive been trained extensively in fencing and sword fighting. Im an aspiring xenoarcheologist and I have general (though expanding) knowledge of artifacts and the DomKavosh. Obviously I can fly a fighter very well. Im an adept navigator and explorer. Oh, I also have been cooking all of my life and have deep knowledge of the Cortez family culinary techniques. I try to be modest, but you cant be in things like this. That is all.

Reason for choosing TBH: The Cortez family is dying. The BHG threatened the longevity of another family (whose name shall be withheld) and learned the timing of our sons passages into adulthood. They sabotaged the passage into adulthood of many Cortez sons and killed them. The Cortez men are almost all gone. My father, who is the head of the family recently passed away due to radiation sickness from the attacks and I am now in charge (at such a young age). The women in my family are marrying into any other lesser families who will accept them. Even a Bretonian man has married my sister, Andrea (and now she is M.I.A). It is a disgrace. I need to represent the Cortez family in the eyes of Crete. I need to join the Brotherhood to show the Corsairs the strength of the Cortez family to save them. I will do whatever it takes so that a Cortez may benefit the Corsairs (Though it may seem this way, my pride for the Cortez family will stand submissive to my pride for the Brotherhood).

Biography: My life, thus far can be divided into two epochs: before and after the incident/my passage into adulthood. First allow me to educate you about my tame beginnings.
When I was born, almost 26 years ago, the Cortez family had wealth, power, and prestige among the Corsairs. A year later our family was either blessed or cursed with a little girl, Andrea (Forgive me for being bitter, for as I said my sister did marry a Bretonian and subsequently fled Omicron Gamma). As I matured, my father made sure that I would receive the best education available in literature, humanities, and fencing. In my studies in the sciences (I had to beg father to allow me to study the sciences) I became rather fond of crude engineering and xenoarchaeology. My father was delighted by my interests as they would play into my eventual passage into manhood. I was na?ve and oblivious at the time, so I continued my studies in the safe confines of my home.
Father approached me and said Son, it is time for you to become a Cortez man. In 9 months time, you and the other sons of the Cortez will venture through the gate to find the treasure.
Father had something in mind for me. He wanted his son, the eventual successor of the family to be a greater man (if ever there exists one) than the rest. He introduced me to the shipwrights of the Titans (at the time I thought it was merely a title- I had no idea what a Titan fighter was).
I recall him saying Son, your studies will reward you, now. You will lead these men and construct your own Titan to be used in your trial. Do not fail yourself, the family, or me.
Thus, the construction started. As the ships frame developed from a pile of metal into an acceptable outline Father began to take me aside to show me the artifacts of all of the men in the Cortez family, and gave me the privilege to study them.
The time came. My Titan stood as a titan should among the Titans of mere mortals. A fleet of men-to-be took off and headed for the cloud which will haunt me until the day I die. As we entered the cloud all communications were silenced. We were draining our nanobot caches steadily. We carried on and found the vile ring of energy, the gate to our hell and demise. We went through. On the other side sat the carcass of a freshly gutted transport, with its glistening crimson cargo pouring out. The ship was filled with artifacts. We took them without thought and left. On the other side of the hole we stared at the devils teeth, and the devil was a hammerhead. The Bounty Hunters Guild gave us a warm welcome (warm in this case being the searing heat from their guns). We tried to run, but they closed us in and began the slaughter. They let some escape, but then they would finish them off with cruise disruptors. I let out an SOS before crimson bolts tore through my Titan. My cockpit was ablaze and radiation had begun to leak in. The left side of my suit was severely damaged and I was still giving off life signs to the bounty hunters. I used my last bot to extinguish the fire in the cockpit and I turned off my oxygen. I waited. The adults came, unfortunately, to see their sons die and to be slaughtered themselves by the bounty hunter destroyer which strolled into battle at the last second. Poor fool missed all the fun of shooting children down like flies I fell unconscious.
I awoke in a hospital days later. My left calf was gone. The entire left side of my body, knee to head was bandaged up. I looked around at my treatment room. The walls were bleak and the doctors looked at me through a window. I was being treated for radiation poisoning.
My father, where is my father?! I began to rasp.
Over the intercom the doctor said He suffered the same fate as you, with the radiation I mean. Hell be fine.
That day we lost 15 sons and 13 men. Our family was crippled. I on the other hand have massive burn scars on the left side of my body. I wear a large eye patch to cover my lame left eye and a burnt portion of my face. My lower left leg was replaced with a crude metal peg. The doctor also told me I will suffer from radiation poisoning for the duration of my life. All of this when I was 13.
The next period of time Ive chosen to omit as it only brings me pain.
My father recently passed away from the radiation he received saving me. My sister is gone. My mother died in pregnancy. My entire nuclear family is gone, and now at the young age of 25, I have the burden of restoring my broken family. I make a living as an engineer and overseeing a poorly operated artifact smuggling operation. My only goals left in life are to join with the Brotherhood, to restore my family, to find my sister, and to kill the Bretonian man she is married to.

Thank you, great Elders.
Alfonso Cortez was sitting at one of the testing terminals in the Brotherhood recruitment facility, he had just put in the information required for stage one of the test and was waiting patiently for the screen to do something ... Anything ...

4 minutes and 23 seconds later the screen went blank and re-appeared with ..

Stage one complete...

Stage two commencing... Please wait...

Stage two ... Please answer the following questions...
Stage two complete ... Please wait ...

Alfonso sat at the terminal nervously waiting for the machine to say if he had passed the test or not.

2 minutes 36 seconds later the screen flashed and came back to life the brotherhood emblem appearing in the center, underneath it there was the message ..

You have passed, welcome to the Brotherhood.
1: Name: RIchard Allard
-Game name: Black_Raven
IronFist_Hunter
Richmaster

2:age: 22

3:skills: currently have a corsiar crusier wich my father left behind when he was shot by bounty hunter spys on planet crete. I also have a trading, that if you guys need help on cash i could chip in. I'm an experience pilot, loyal person, easy to get along with and last but not least i love and will fight to the death to protect my people.

4:Reason: corsiars are a very loya group of people, people of live on the edge of danger, people who rather stand and fight and die then run away like coward, people who will protect their fellow corsiars at all cost. to me, thats a clan worth living for, fighting for and dieing for!

5:Story: tracing back to my ancestor, i was originally from the sleeper ship Hispanol. Many year have past and my people had prospered on planet crete. About 100 years later i was born. My Dad Richard was a high ranking general for the corsairs army. My mom Lolita would always complain because my dad was gone most of my childhood doing dangerous mission for the better of our people. My mom always yelled at him saying one day you just might not come home, and you need to spend more time with your son. For me i kinda wanted my dad to spend time with me more, but also i looked up to him for fighting for our right to live, our right to be part of this world. Once i got older i wanted to be just like me dad. When he did come home though it was a blast. He would tell me sories about their dangerous mission, how they merely made it out alive from a huge outcast fleet, consisting of 2 BH 2 destroyers 3 fighters 2 bombers, and he was on a protal with only 6 fighters and one crusier. The crusier was destroyed withen seconds, all the titan fighters but two were demolish. He was in one of them, a close friend in the other. Just before he reached the jump hole where reinforcement where waiting on the other side his best friend was shot down. Stories like those made me want to get up into a ship and fight some outcast, but to bad i was only 6 at the time. A tragic event happen when i was 16 on crete. My dad was in a secret meeting, discussing plans to invade the Bounty Hunters. After the meating he walked out of the secured building and was sniped from afar. They finally found him and was interrogated and i found out he was from the Bounty Hunter Guild. Every since that day i devodied myself train with the best money can buy, so one day i Can join the [TBH] Clan and avenge my fathers death, and take the path of fighing for are right to live, like my dad once did.
Richard Allard sat at the terminal, head in hands, about to nod off into dreamland when the screen finally did something. It started to yawn.

A face appeared on the screen, large cheekbones, and a scruffy 6 o'clock shadow.

Suddenly, in a very Bretonian voice...

"What?! Who?! Ah, I see you now. So ... you want to be a member of the Corsair Brotherhood do ya?"

Richard suddenly snapped up and looked around for a Bretonian, but noticed the words coming from the console alone.

The face looked Richard over once

"A bit scruffy for a pilot, aren't you? Ah well, they come in all sizes I guess. Now, for your questions. Honestly, some of these are really stupid. I don't see the need for some of them, but maybe the Elders know best, after all. Answer these to the best of your ability, lad."

Questions sent to your neural net.

Name : Benito de Alvarado

I was 15 bred and raised a Corsair my whole life i trained and listened to the teachings of my elders shivering with excitement to one day fly alongside my brethren until....My farther and I went to Freeport 9 in Omicron Theta to meet a contact of his...... that is where i met her by accident and the unthinkable happened ...... I fell in love with an Outcast. It just happened I couldn't help myself.We ran away together hiding in a freighter to Manhattan. We tried to make it work but our differences had it's drawbacks.Her family somehow contacted her, convinced her she should kill me....she tried. No tears were spilt as I slit her throat.My hate redoubled after that for the Outcast specifically her family and i vowed that i will kill each and every one of them.I was arrested for her murder and served 3 years in juvenile where i met met Vincent Valentine .....He saved my life but that is another tale and the last 4 in a low security prison. In my fourth year in prison i got news that my father was killed in a raid on the outcasts.In a blind rage I somehow managed to escape.

I ask you brothers to welcome me in your fold so I can regain my honor witch was so cruelly ripped away by my own stupidity.

name on game: bragon trader, black dragon

name dan

age 19

skills: well in all he other server i was a fighter was 1 of the best on jolt (NOT THE BEST) . im gd with guns only. i had a gd killing rat. i have also shown people how to pvp and fight with NCP.

Reason: well i like the corsiars and love how they on the edge. i like being in gammer as that is wher i was in all my other servers i will allways stad up and fifight will never give up. i have allways bin corsiars.

i hope this will do 4 me to be in i have talked to ppl in the clan. and it mau tack about a week b4 geting back in to fighting as all have bin doing is trading k
plz get back to me.
name on game: bragon trader, black dragon

name dan

age 19

skills: well in all he other server i was a fighter was 1 of the best on jolt (NOT THE BEST) . im gd with guns only. i had a gd killing rat. i have also shown people how to pvp and fight with NCP.

Reason: well i like the corsiars and love how they on the edge. i like being in gammer as that is wher i was in all my other servers i will allways stad up and fifight will never give up. i have allways bin corsiars.

i hope this will do 4 me to be in i have talked to ppl in the clan. and it mau tack about a week b4 geting back in to fighting as all have bin doing is trading k
plz get back to me.

well traking back when i was only just 16 it was hart time i had to work hard to get my first ship. when i got it i was so happy what i could now fly in to spac and see it with my own eyes, it was beautifal. i started to fly round seeing all f thes ships i had to get a better one. so i got strat to work trading macking profint and macking my way to to the top. but 1 day i was trading in omeger 41 i soer the corsiars 3 of them fighting the 7 red hassoins and i just stoud ther wothing them fight and then ther was 1 corsiar feld and he killed them 1 by 1 and after he was dont he flow to me and at that time i fros as i thout he was going to kill me to but hedidnt we talked 4 sevral haers and then all the thing he said to me i had to join them flying on the edge and procting the border worlds. i went and back home and taldthem every think and my mum said to me they are bad ppl. no no they are not so whent and see what other ppl thout they all said the same as my mum. y just y cant they see that they are not bad ppl they are proting us from the nomads. no1 could see that. so i wen back to that man and ask i want to join u and he started to flyaway then he stoped and sed u rilly wana be 1 of us, being h8ed by meny. i said yes YES I DO.

I ask you brothers to welcome me in as one of u!!!!!!!

well i hope that ok sorry bout my einglish cant spell many thins