Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty hunter weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

i'm a bounty hunter with tag and id my leader of the faction BHL will send you a request for faction and i was wondering if you could change the stats of bounty hunter weapons because they are very low on damage.
I'm asking this because faction have to keep faction weapons ex : BH faction-} BH weapons
IS IT TRUE?? or can we get any weapons we want ( codenames, other faction friendly weapons)

please answer this because i'm confuse now

thanks

cheshire uses mostly buckshots and delibitators - i haven t noticed a significantly weak damage output. buckshots have a fair power requirement, a great 750 projectile speed and with - i think 458 dam, they are among the better 4.0 refire weapons. i got no problem with them whatsoever ( the lvl5 buckshot turret is equally useful )

try to compare it to ( 5.88 refire, 250 damage, 750 projectile speed, 78 power [ gaias angels lvl9 ] ) ... the buckshot easily outdamages the gaian weapon with allmost twice the damage and only slightly slower.

since the BHG are a freel deplying faction and become less and less welcome everywhere, especially lawful houses, i would be happy to see their own capital ship line though.
BHG fighter guns are one of the best around...

- they fire at 750m/s so they are easy to hit with and synchronize with Debilitator shieldbusters.
- they are most effective against graviton shield which is the most used shieldtype around... in combination with the mentioned shieldbusters that are most effective against positron shields...they take down any shield really fast

And if you fly a Manta or Sea Serpent, you should have no problems energy-wise. They're really great ships and guns.
I'v actually seen some indie BHG's in Manta and Hammerhead's recently.
I was delighted!!! Finally someone!

Anyway, Buckshots really are great. Not as great as Krakens (they use much more energy per damage), but are synced with debilitators in return.
Their 8.33 guns (Reavers?) are amongst the best 8.33 guns too.
So, BHG's have no reason to use any other weapons.
Except on cap ships. We don't have our own cap-ship guns. Hmm...
Reaver Mk III's are one of the best laser cannons out there. 230/115 damage, with a slightly slower velocity than the popular shield buster weapons but slightly higher range, for relatively decent power use. Buckshots have the best range pretty much of any weapon and they sync with shield busters and other high velocity weapons easily.

Really, BHG weapons are perfectly okay, they have the trademark "better range for less damage and higher power use". They'd wanna be able to strike first, despite doing less damage (Buckshot is really a lot weaker compared to the Kraken Type 2).

As for capital ship weaponry, I would expect the same thing, but that would unbalance the already delicate capital ship balance as it is. But for them to create their own, unique versions of gunboat, cruiser, and battleship turrets would be reasonable.
Considering most of the Capital Ship Turrets are Just the same thing with a different infocard, name, appearance, and projectile, I don't see how adding a new turret could upset things.

I think that the sync to Deb. Weapons are the most important feature for buckshots, as you can use them to damage the hull AND the shield at the same time very efficiently. The range isn't as important though in dogfights if you you aren't the chasing party and the shield busters don't go that far, mainly the speed is the main selling point for buckshots for general use. The krakens are still better, but I'm sure the outcasts have other problems.. maybe with their ships or other equipment.

Many people don't recognize the power of the reaver, mainly because (if i remember correctly) it's poor speed and very low energy efficiency. Compared to codenames or nomad weapons, they just suck. (I compared the use of buckshot and reaver in SP on a bomber, I surely would use reavers, but for a VHF the energy requirements of reavers are killing the energy core way to fast to be used next to nomads/codenames)

A side note from me:
I think that these codenames/nomad weapons steal the show of many weapons, we need to do something about that! If we don't, we separate RP players from players with any sense for stats! I just don't want to use codename's but I usually get attacked by people with 2xcodenames + 2xnomads.

(I have one codename, so people do know that I can actually find wreaks and that I do explore the universe, as soon as I fight the nomads I'll claim ONE weapon for myself to show others that I fought the nomads. But that's it! For me all fighters could have a limit of two 10 level weapon slots).
Well !!!

I read all that ! i think you guys are right!
I played with my BH Bomber and i found out with my new shield that's not so bad. it might be the npc with the
regen who pee me off before i had my 10 class shield.

I think the load out for me will be a cannonball 2 buckshot 2 codename and one gun to take down shields with of course nova and CD

Anyway you guys gave my mind back to normal and i'm happy with my bomber

thanks!
Pages: 1 2