Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ban "join my faction" in Welcome subforum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm sick of it, seriously. It's the same thing. all. the. time.

It's not "welcome to discovery, you know you should look at that and this could be a good idea" I tend to feel it now like "HEY LAD YOU'RE NEW YOU'RE GOING TO PLAY LIKE A CHINESE FARMER COME GENERATE ACTIVITY FOR MY FACTION, RULES ARE GAY JUST ENGAGE ALL YOU SEE KKKKKK"

stop it
Yes, I agree.
You're over exaggerating. There's no problem with one player offering another player, especially a new one, a chance to join a faction. The new players may not know what's out there for them, and it might just so happen to be that he/she likes to see options available. Besides, it's not like anyone is forcing a new player into reading walls of texts. If he/she doesn't want to, then they don't have to.
That's not what I'm talking about DRV. Proposing to join a faction is okay, if it makes sense in the thread. What I'm talking about is those who took the habit of posting their one liner copy paste "join my faction" in every single thread.
Stop reading the welcome threads.
if you don't like reading that stuff then guess what, don't read it.
I totally agree, even though I have been guilty of doing the same once or twice. Although to be fair when I have done so it was in answer to questions from the thread creators.
Nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. It's very good for new players to play with factions to get a feel for things, and make some friends. So if it takes a few "join my faction"s to make that happen? So be it.

No one's getting hurt.
' Wrote:Nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. It's very good for new players to play with factions to get a feel for things, and make some friends. So if it takes a few "join my faction"s to make that happen? So be it.

No one's getting hurt.
This. If someone takes his time to read and write in the welcome topics why not?
It shows that the said faction is active and it is actively looking for new members, new people need to be guided and involved in the faction thing. The ones who do it have better factions and good activity. I see welcome topics good alternative to recruit new players.
Here's my two cents: You do it, but you have to be constructive about it, write like 5 lines explaining it all not just "Hey there welcome to Discovery, join [insert faction here], see you in space." And even that << is more constructive then most of the ones I see in Welcome threads, and yes I only read the first post by the newbie and copy/paste my links and all, but I do eye a few of these once in a while.

EDIT: Also whats the deal with Cody, all he writes is: "Welcome dear customer." First of all dude, they won't be able to purchase anything in your store for a while their new they don't have credits like us bunch.. and also try to be more constructive when welcoming a new player, explaining a few things, introduce them to stuff, answer their questions not just: "Hey welcome to Disco" I've seen a ton of these. P.s I'm not saying that I'm better by doing my copy/paste thing but at least its better then the latest quote...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5