Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nomad Blasters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been to every Nomad infested area(with an available nav map) and none of the nomads carry Nomad Energy Blasters. They all have Nomad Energy Cannons. I want energy blasters....

Does it matter what they have when they are scanned to what they drop?
If it does, where can I find Nomads with Energy Blasters?
And how often do they drop them?

>>>> WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD <<<<

I just thought someone might appreciate it. :)
I think it is random whether they drop a cannon or blaster. You will nnever see a Nomad with blasters but you will see some that drop them. Its something like 25% chance of a blaster, 75% for a cannon.
Let's see.... One in every four gives a Blaster.... One in every ten gives a weapon..... 4 in every hundred gives a Blaster.....

I don't have time to kill 100 Nomads without using missiles so as to not risk losing the weapon.

Unless it doesn't matter if I use missiles.
You want an easy way to get blasters, go to the Gamma unknown and Bring along a ship with nova torpedoes.

When you see them approaching, the fighter squadrons mind you, fire a nova into there ranks, kills all four, its a quick way to collect nomad stuff.
So then it doesn't matter if you use missiles/torps?
No not really its the quantity you kill that pops up a blaster.
Nomad Gunboats and Battleships drop them too. At least I'm pretty sure they do. I'll nuke a couple tonight to check :D
Firebird,Feb 8 2006, 07:11 AM Wrote:Nomad Gunboats and Battleships drop them too. At least I'm pretty sure they do. I'll nuke a couple tonight to check :D
[snapback]12239[/snapback]
SPOILER - ADMINS REMOVE IF YOU WISH

Nomad blasters are rare in Discovery, I don't believe the fighters drop them at all (I've not seen a drop for a long time). But the gunboats and battleships do drop them on rare occasions.
Rare, yes. Imposible to obtain, no.
I have a few in my storage char. Not sure.
But i had to kill like 60+ Nomad fighters to get them.
No, those are not for sale... yet.
Well... When they are... Let me know Korrd. I'll pay fairly handsomely if I don't have some already.
Pages: 1 2