Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Idea] Possible to add time limit to two ID's to avoid abuse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, lately I've seen a lot of people in transports and level 60 fighters with varying degrees of equipment flying around in Recruit & Civilian ID's, these include people with SNAC's and AU VIII's. These are not new players, not in the slightest.

Therefore, is it possible to add a time limit to characters utilizing these ID's once they go over the level 40 mark, or purchase a ships worth more than 2 million credits.

I've recently had to start from scratch all over again, I did it in Rheinland, it took me about two hours to get from a CSV to a Humpback, by that time I had enough money for larger ships and if I wanted, bribes, but I chose a Freelancer ID to cover myself from lawyers and it made sense. Then again, I had some knowledge of trade routes.

Now if this FLHook is possible, here are some drafts:
Civilian ID if over level 40, time limit = 1 hour to swap ID, or all equipment is stripped and ship gets flagged for admin intervention.
Recruit ID if over level 40, time limit = 2 hours to rep up or swap ID, or all equipment is stripped.

Right now, the only thing stopping abuse is words. I saw a Raven's Talon with Interspace IFF, flying around Sigma-17 just hanging around. I sent him this line "Maybe its best to pop on a new, just in-case, they sell Freelancer ID's on Kurile". He said "Yeah, should do." I came back an hour later, he was still there, still with a Civilian ID. I facepalmed.

So yeah, is it possible to add time limits to these ID's since the two are meant for new players, and new faction/indie players to get repped without rule lawyers screaming? Hmm, am I being a rule lawyer for doing this thread? Bah.:unsure:
What about people who want to RP true civilians? Sure, a Freelancer ID works, but then people will regard you as "Freelancer", and especially in the case of the HF, it's bad when people refer to you as something you're not.

Besides, what will happen to Brake if this is put in? He has a civvy ID.
I suggested adding new Civilian ID's a while back, as in Liberty Civilian, etc etc.

Civilian ID is meant to be a 'newbie' ID in my mind.
' Wrote:Right now, the only thing stopping abuse is words. I saw a Raven's Talon with Interspace IFF, flying around Sigma-17 just hanging around. I sent him this line "Maybe its best to pop on a new, just in-case, they sell Freelancer ID's on Kurile". He said "Yeah, should do." I came back an hour later, he was still there, still with a Civilian ID. I facepalmed.

Fletcher, your intentions are always good, but this guy wasn't even breaking any rules. It's a civilian fighter, which is allowed.
If you think they're breaking rules - report them. Do you know for certain that the players you saw with recruit ID weren't repping? Even 'non-noob-players' do this from time to time.
Fair enough on that front then, though what about Civilian Fireflies I keep seeing?

Civilian ID wiki Wrote:Pilot carrying this ID is a Civilian, who :

Can trade.
Cannot fulfill bounty contracts, or initiate an attack on another player outside of the Connecticut system.

Allowed ships: Civilian Fighters, Freighters.

EDIT: , yes, I get that some people are still repping, I know its a pain in the rear. For a normal ID it takes a bribe or about 30-60 minutes of missions to set it up, depending on the faction. At least, in my experience. Flying around for many days with one is something I want to see gone though.

I report them if they refuse to respond to my questions about their ID in-game, especially if its a transport class with a civilian ID. I don't report off the bat, its meant to be a last resort.
Ok, well I talked to Cannon briefly about helping code a system where you can't buy a ship with invalid ID, as part of my larger tech-system revision scheming that's *clearly* just a front for me trying to kill off all factions:rolleyes:

A partially complete version of this system seems to be in place already, and I suspect (though I haven't heard any more from cannon) that there will be more time for considerations like this once 4.86 moves along.
So what about people that RP civilians? Derp. I happen to have a Civilian that I enjoy RP'ing, and I would be rather sad if I were unable to RP said character anymore.
' Wrote:Ok, well I talked to Cannon briefly about helping code a system where you can't buy a ship with invalid ID, as part of my larger tech-system revision scheming that's *clearly* just a front for me trying to kill off all factions:rolleyes:

A partially complete version of this system seems to be in place already, and I suspect (though I haven't heard any more from cannon) that there will be more time for considerations like this once 4.86 moves along.

It is in place somewhat, I couldn't by a Templar with a Civilian ID a few weeks back since I was building a BAF character, had to get a Recruit ID to get it.

ID's should stop people buying ships that are not allowed/compatible with their ID's, like red on tech charts.

EDIT: , its rare I see civilians RP, though yes I agree it shouldn't be put down. There has got to be a way to get a compromise...
More ideas please.
Pages: 1 2 3