Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Eternal Silence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My buddy and I just started playing it, however it has a severe lack of players. So I was wondering if anyone else happens to play it?

Here's a the home page if you wanna check it out.

Basically, it's an FPS game where you can jump in fighters and bombers to take out enemy capital ships, then you board the enemy's main capital ship and battle it out to take over sub systems like shields and weapons.
Kinda like the Star Wars Battlefront 2 space combat? If yes, then I like.
' Wrote:Kinda like the Star Wars Battlefront 2 space combat? If yes, then I like.

Space combat more like Freelancer actually, just a bit slower and with bigger explosions.
Oh, I remember playing that when I discovered about Half-Life 2 mods. The mod is really good, and quite satisfying to play, but yeah it has an activity problem. I'd recommend it to everyone here and I might start playing it again.
Yes, it is similar to the Star Wars games; you switch between infantry and pilot depending on what stage of the game you are in at the time. The most common setup is two capital ships meeting in battle. First you take out ancillary ships protecting the enemy cap, then you get to fly into their hangar and fight it out the 'ground'. Funnily enough, the cap to fall first marks the losing team.

Space combat: Indeed similar to FL, with minor changes towards realism (as I recall, it has been a while), also very much comparable to the Star Wars games of the same type*.

Infantry: Pretty much standard: Several classes to chose from with different set ups and you either board the enemy ship or defend your own, fighting over various subsystems to either capture the entire ship or to at least influence the course of the battle as a whole.

A good mod, better actually than the Star Wars equivalents I have played (The last and perhaps only decent SW Flight Sim was Tie Fighter...). I also let it lie on account of inactivity but could get into it again easily. :nyam:

*This game has significant advantages over the SW versions:
- It's free.
- It's not tired SW clone game number #2138433
- It hence does not repeat, for the #2138433rd time, all the SW theme music, which really only ever worked in the movies at the specific scenes for which it was composed. Which, for more than a decade, not a single game designer seems to have realised.
Tie Fighter is also the last SW game with excellent and also appropriate music. And yes, this is the midi-using DOS version, not the windows-hackjob published later, which replaced all that brilliant and dynamic music with ... an engine whirr.
It looks awesome. I'm going to give it a try.
If it's free sure, I'll give it a shot:)
Sounds cute. But seriously, source? Steam? Soru.
Always glitches horribly for me making it impossible to do anything once I get in-game. No movement, shooting, anything can be done.
Yea, I just played on a server. It's fricken epic.
Pages: 1 2