Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RTS games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What was the most remarkable thing that happened to you in a RTS game? Which moment will you always remember?
I had 1 spear unit, 3 skirmishers, and a town watch. I fended off a 300 unit army in Rome Total War
Total War series pretty much showed off how pincer movements can just destroy everything.

Unless said pincer movements use peasants.
Or the enemy breaks your feeble pincer 'claws' before they can have a good effect.

Flaming pigs against Elephants in Rome Total War.
Total War series <3
It was in Earth 2150 Escape from Blue Planet or something like that, when I first researched artilery. I was like... "oh, I'll just have those arties (3) here" and then endless waves of enemies started to appear and my arties slaughtered them. That was epic.
When in a SC2 league game, I hallucinated 6 colossi and had 3, I attacked with my hallucinations and normal army. My opponent saw all the colossi and ragequit.
In League of Legends, I once did so well with Blitzcrank that the entire enemy team ragequit on me and my team.
Something that happened just a few minutes ago...

I played the person who is literally the best in the world at Shogun 2: TW.

Proof of this...

The game lobby.

The top segment of the Shogun ladder

Myself and Jokoro played the 1st and 3rd ranked players in the world. We got owned.
' Wrote:What was the most remarkable thing that happened to you in a RTS game? Which moment will you always remember?

when I was steamrolling Cabals base on Tiberian Sun Firestorm, wasting everthing, then suddenly from nowhere.. the Core Defender, gg me.
So my brother and I were playing Lyon in Company of Heroes Realism mod, and I was holding all 3 enemy AI players with 2 groups of infantry (Sturmgrenadiers), 1 AT unit, and an engineer squad repairing the AT, and I ask my brother: can I get some support over here? He responds with "Oh, yeah, here." and he sends 6 Stugs, 2 Tigers, 8 Grenadier Squads and 2 Engineer Squads to repair the tanks, and I am just blinking at my screen. I was struggling to hold off 3 AI with literally 3 units, repairing the AT as well as I could, barely living, and there he goes with this giant army. I was very upset.
Pages: 1 2 3