Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gamma/Alpha (RP balancing)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
' Wrote:Everyone says Eta can't be removed...how about we do the next best thing? BLOCK ALL ACCESS TO IT. In the days before the release of the mod version which will close Eta, post a server message telling all ships to leave Eta by whatever date the mod version will be released. Then, completely block the jump holes into Eta by putting an impenetrable minefield around the jump holes. The minefields don't have to be big. The mines just have to be close enough together to prevent ships from squeezing through the gaps between the mines.

If I'm not mistaken, this would require much less work and still effectively remove Eta from any RP interactions, bringing the fights back into the Sigmas.

OR you could just recycle Eta's system files. As long as you keep all the bases and at least one connection in and out of the system it should be fine, even if it becomes a system in Gallia or Liberty. You would have problems with Corsairs and Outcasts docked at bases that belong to other factions but otherwise, Eta would be gone and you'd have another system somewhere else.
' Wrote:OR you could just recycle Eta's system files. As long as you keep all the bases and at least one connection in and out of the system it should be fine, even if it becomes a system in Gallia or Liberty. You would have problems with Corsairs and Outcasts docked at bases that belong to other factions but otherwise, Eta would be gone and you'd have another system somewhere else.

Perfect! Recycled system. And casts & sairs will find way back home anyway.
' Wrote:OR you could just recycle Eta's system files. As long as you keep all the bases and at least one connection in and out of the system it should be fine, even if it becomes a system in Gallia or Liberty. You would have problems with Corsairs and Outcasts docked at bases that belong to other factions but otherwise, Eta would be gone and you'd have another system somewhere else.
Oh yeah, I didn't think about this until now. We could just leave the system, but remove the jump hole to either Omicron Alpha or Omicron Theta. Personally, I think removing the Omicron Alpha Jump Hole and keeping the Omicron Theta Jump Hole is better since Omicron Theta has Freeport 9 that both the Outcasts and the Corsairs can use before returning home. Leaving the Omicron Alpha Jump Hole in place while removing the Omicron Theta Jump Hole makes it harder since the Corsairs will be forced to traverse through the Outcasts' home system and next to a very hostile Outcast base (Ruiz Base) before making it back to neutral space.
Back to the original topic. OC and CO CAN reach the other system with reasonable RP, reason ? There is nothing blockading the system, unlike in-colony ( Hamburg, Leeds ) , there is a mine field and one station, ONE STATION, not a blockade for an invading fleet.
I say, just leave it as it is, in my opinion it's more fun raiding like this, and sometimes I put Fun over RP, for obvious reasons.
The system's only use is PvP, and it completely undermined the actual Corsair/Outcast RP of their turf war in the Sigmas.

So what's more important, people? Having lolraids, or developing this mod with a view to roleplay?
or just move JH from theta to s-19. it won't ruine whole system, but would bring more traffic to s-19. s-17.

you want lolraid alpha.. you can have ships on base in eta.
or move them from gamma using theta-s17-s19-beta('cause it would be closer for fighters but not for caps)-alpha
Delete Eta. It is useless. And Sigmas are not fun because of it. Corsairs and Outcasts should fight in Sigmas not in Eta or in their home space.
It does not have place in the Mod. Riding is fun. But camping enemy bases is not. So just add more powerful base guns and a couple of platforms near both planets and may be 1 or 2 cap patrols. Indeed I had situations where I was engaged on the spot even without having enough time to see the undocking cinematic. And this is not fun.
' Wrote:Delete it. It is useless. And Sigmas are not fun because of it. It does not have place in the Mod.

I don't understand, any reasons ?
' Wrote:I don't understand, any reasons ?
Yes- check Sigmas- they are quite dead space-the reason of the War between Corsairs and Outcasts is who will have Sigmas as their pirating turf. And nobody from both parties is there like ever.
NDiavolo is right, we're getting off-topic. I'll make one separate for Omicron Eta in a few minutes.

Back to the original topic, I don't think Omicron Alpha and Omicron Gamma are really as strongly defended as the House capital systems. The Houses have border stations and defensive turrets on trade lanes and jump gates while Alpha and Gamma only have weapons platforms. The Outcasts and the Corsairs simply don't have the resources to defend their homes as well as the Houses. Bounty Hunter incursions are fairly frequent in these systems. However, what prevents these two systems from being overrun is the fact that the Outcasts and the Corsairs are DAMN GOOD PILOTS.

Also, as Dab said, the Outcasts and the Corsairs are Mini-Houses, so they obviously don't have the same defensive capabilities as the Houses. The Outcast goal of addicting all of Sirius to cardamine is pretty unrealistic due to the power of the House police forces and the Corsair goal of capturing Planet Cambridge and Planet Stuttgart is pretty unrealistic due to the strength of the Bretonian and Rheinlander militaries.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8