Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Titan vs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I have no problem seeing them on bombers.
But then, when you try them on your Red Catamaran, you ask yourself..
Why the hell am I wasting my time with those Daitos?
I have a problem with every single character in Sirius who is somehow connected with Outcasts.
They are all using Krakens, instead of their own guns.
Is that RP? Look at it for a moment.
It's like a Japanese saying that Ford is better then Mitsubishi.
I mean, maybe it is, I don't care, but the problem is that people will never admit it.

I don't like the Corsair side mounting Tizona's either, but that's a bit different since there are only 2 shieldbusters.

It is not RP, really. It is not even more RP then code weapons.
Code weapons are unique, better then your own guns, because they are experimental weapons.
If every faction used their own guns, there wouldn't be so many "balance" threads.
You wouldn't have to complain about Blood Dragon HF with Krakens, because it mounts Daitos, and is nothing special.
You wouldn't have to complain about Outcasts flying Blood Dragons instead of a Sabre.
It's like that thing someone proposed with RP shields.
Use your goddamn RP weapons.

Quote:Code weapons are unique, better then your own guns, because they are experimental weapons.
Yup. That's why only a handful of people should have them on the server. They are oorp because of the fact that everyone has them....
Tell me this. Is it easier to find and mount an experimental weapon/Nomad gun, or easier to buy a weapon from your allies?

And frankly, chopper, you are wrong.

If the Daito or the Natterturn Zweis did as much damage as Kraken2's, then people would be mounting them. You are overlooking the actual problem. Because some weapons just aren't as good, people don't use them, so they won't be outclassed. It's not about "balance" because everyone uses Krakens. It's about balance because everyone else's guns just don't give them the edge Kraken's do. The Hessians, for instance, outnumber the Corsairs, but they admit that they have worse equipment and pilots.

EDIT:

You obviously have not been to many places in the US, where many people admit that Japanese cars are better than American cars. Same thing goes for Europe and China. Dunno about Japan, never been there.
Well, then let's split on two sides.

One, Outcast side, will use only Outcast weapons (Krakens, Wyrms).
Other, Corsair side, will use only Nomads/Codes.. (unless Salamanca gets an upgrade)

Why would Corsairs go with big disadvantage, and Outcast allies don't have to?

Let's remove all other guns then, they are bad.

And I will use your words to prove my point.

Quote:If the Daito or the Natterturn Zweis did as much damage as Kraken2's, then people would be mounting them.

If Salamancas were as good as Krakens, people would be mounting them instead of Codes/Nomads.
Also, all others who use them probably have their own weapons who suck.

And I intentionally used Japan as an example, not the States.

No one said anything about removing the guns, chopper. The other guns need to be improved.

You just proved my point.

The Salamancas need to be improved.

At the current moment, everyone is at a disadvantage, since every faction should have comprable guns. For instance, take the Red Hessians. The Natterturn Zweis should be as good as the Kraken/Salamanca, since the fact that the Corsairs have better equipment is already demonstrated by their shield buster. The Gaian photon blaster should be improved, so that they don't need to rely on Corsair guns. Same thing for the Hogosha. The Liberty Rogue guns could use a reworking as well.

Chopper, look at it this way:
- Arguing about who can use what is deconstructive.
- Talking about improving the guns so that the factions can use their respective weapons in a fair way is constructive.

You see, chopper, if we nerfed the Kraken, then everyone would be mounting codies on their bombers. That is even more oorp than getting guns from your allies, since it is much less realistic to "find" those weapons.

If we only improve the Salamanca MkII, then all Corsair allies would be mounting that gun. Just watch.

That is why ALL faction guns need to be improved, so people can stop mounting guns from other factions and rampantly using Codies and Nomad guns.
You maybe missed my history on this board, but at least 10% of all my messages was exactly about improving most guns..
So, yes, we agree on that. I mentioned before that most Outcast allies need to get better guns, so they don't have to use Krakens.
Maybe not as good as Krakens, but at least close to them.

Also, Corsairs need to get guns which can compete with others.
As well as their allies.

And most important.
Hose Navies need to get better guns then any other guns on Market.
It's hard to believe that some Bundies can make better guns then Rheinland Military.
Same for Hessians, Mollies, Rogues, Outcasts, Corsairs.
Houses should have the best guns available on the market.

I mentioned this a a million times, but people are not supportive.
They say that will make fighters vs capships unbalanced.

So, if this is an RP server, even though Hellfurries suck badly, I will use them on my Lane Hacker, rather then Krakens.
That is simple.
If someone else can't do that for the sake of RP - his problem.
But I hate when those people who mount Krakens and other crap are showing themselves as supreme RP players.
And in fact, they are not using their RP guns for the sake of PVP.
Simple.
I agree with Chopper, especially on the topic of house military guns.

But they should not be "special" in any way, like particularly high damage, or particularly high speed or efficiency, they should be the balance between all the variables, leaning slightly each towards their own variable.

So Bretonian guns would focus on damage, Kusari guns would be more efficient, Rheinland guns would be fast and Liberty guns would be neutral.

Houses can put a lot more effort to the development of a gun than factions such as the Bundschuh and the Farmers Alliance.

EDIT: And Daito's are pretty good...
a bit of "on the deathbed" - dig here... but

Titan seems ok.... reasonably agile.. so it's still useful in big battles. Only problem is the vulnerability to mines which neglects the extra armor.. so if the extra 3k of armor would help.. it can get it.
That said I saw a few Titans surviving a mine hit...but it's mostly an exception.

Otherwise Salamancas need an upgrade.
and all of Centurion/Decurion/Arwing needs fixes in their own way ( more agility on Centurion and/or bigger powerplant.. same for Decurion... and debugging for Arwing)
Yes, it's an exception.
Sabre can survive a nuke as well, ask Hugo Drax, he survived 2 in 2 duels.
Avenger/Guardian also.

Anyway, my opinion didn't change. I can make up for it's flaws, but the point is, on a Sabre you don't have to make up for anything.
Don't make me start about the Blood Dragon HF again..
As I said before, I'm against agility boost on a Titan, but maybe a Centurion could be boosted.
Titan deserves a bit armor upgrade, yes.
STILL arguing about this?!:P
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15