Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ALG very heavy mover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hm, I liked it better with the more grey/green colour - it is slightly yellow in those places now.

As for the name, should it be a (mythic) animal type of name (as "Behemoth", "Mammoth") or a geographic name?
Maybe just simple Hauler or ALG Hauler
' Wrote:Hm, I liked it better with the more grey/green colour - it is slightly yellow in those places now.

As for the name, should it be a (mythic) animal type of name (as "Behemoth", "Mammoth") or a geographic name?
green is easily added...would you prefer darker or lighter?

as for name i was thinking about:

1. ALG Heavy Mover ARM-103 "Dancing Betty"

2. ALG Heavy Mover ARM-103 "Scarab"

Its so ugly that it needs funny name...
The ship's hull could be a darker shade, but I like the color. As for the containers, I think they need a more corroded look. it's ALG WASTE, not Recycler's Anonymous. Some rust spots on the skin around those dark splotches would be good.

As for the ship, what stats did you have in mind for it?
Ugly? I think it is wonderful. Will make me fly under the ALG flag again:)
The previous gray/green was okay I think. Basically, a green similar to the boxes in the front, maybe a lighter shade.

About names:

ALG Heavy Mover ARM-103 "Golem"

ALG Heavy Mover ARM-103 "Ogre"

ALG Heavy Mover ARM-103 "Wendigo"

ALG Heavy Mover ARM-103 "Heimdall"

ALG Heavy Mover ARM-103 "Balder"
(or "Baldur")

I like to think of it as a very heavy and solid ship, thus names associated with strong/heavy beings. The first three names are from mythical creatures, the last two from Norse gods (because of the connection to Rheinland).
The Ogre goes with the "ugly" and "dirty" theme, as well as the Golem which is created from earth ("earth" and "waste" are associated here).
Heimdall, being a guardian god fits the "heavy" scheme. Balder is not that fitting, as he is the god of peace and beauty... but I like the name:)
I think the tan parts should be a dark grey instead, or at least made paler. It looks too yellow next to the green.
' Wrote:Ugly? I think it is wonderful. Will make me fly under the ALG flag again:)

ya...you seem to be fond of your Mammoth too....it isn't first choice for many traders...:)...but i am glad to see that its used here and there...

hmm...you gave some nice names...and guess what..you didn't exactly make my job easier...:P...how to choose...

So far Golem sounds best...even more since Golem on my language means huge....and that ship isn't small in any way...

; when you get closer to the containers they are corroded...and stats...hmm....

well that mostly depends on Igiss...but i imagined hull about 150k, 7 turrets (5 fire front and 7 back, 5 to sides), 4400 cargo (maybe even more). Depending on cargo it will have or wont have a thruster. It will not have CD...
For name, perhaps the ALG Heavy Mover ARM-103 "Leviathan"
' Wrote:ya...you seem to be fond of your Mammoth too....it isn't first choice for many traders...:)
I love my Mammoth:ylove:
The design is awesome and very fitting - and it has my favourite RP character(s) right now:)

' Wrote:For name, perhaps the ALG Heavy Mover ARM-103 "Leviathan"
Yeah, thought about "Leviathan" as well, but I let it slip since it is more associated with Water than with Earth. Still, good proposal.
How about Large Marge?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8