Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Get rid of non gaming topics on the forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yes, no, dont care, and maybe a reason why.
They add to the community. If someone doesn't like them, they aren't forced to read them.
They serve no point at all, except as a measuring or one-up-manship contest.

That or rename Flood to "The Troll Lair"
As much as I hate off-topic and generally disruptive flood posts and such, deleting would just cause people to post such things elsewhere, and the mods and admins are already overworked. Aside from that, some of the general discussion and current events threads add the the community in my opinion.
' Wrote:That or rename Flood to "The Troll Lair"

That.
I voted yes, but only for flood. Keep General Discussion and what not.
I don't see the problem with flood (and all non-gaming topics). If people don't like them, people don't read them.
No.

I like to involve myself with the community outside of the game while using the same forums for convenience. Prepare for a drastic drop in traffic if you remove them.

ps: Damn right I'm biased, I almost live off Media.
Simple fact is, if you remove those sections the Admin/mod team will be overworked. Flood can perhaps go, but even then the workload will increase as people start spamming into General Discussion. Keeping GD is a good idea as it provides a place for folks to simply talk about things besides gaming, religion or politics. Keeping it well moderated is the only thing that needs to be done to it.
Media section isn't related to gaming either. Want to remove it too?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6