Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Well hello there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have recently discovered this server/forum and I really like it so far. I have been playing for a few days now. My character/ship name is Twister.

I have a question too. Currently I am in possession of a freelancer ID. This means I can only have a ship with a maximum cargo of 3800. So I need to get another ID so I'm allowed to use a bigger ship. I was thinking of getting a Deep Space Engineering ID. My question is: Is it enough to just buy this ID and equip it to use a ship with 3800+ cargo. Or do I have to be recruited first by DSE trough the forums to be allowed to use this ID ?

You can use DSE ID without being part of official faction.

Welcome! Try having fun, don't get frusturated and abide the rules!
Welcome <strike>to the jungle</strike> have fun!
read ru...inbe4Chet :)
Greetings, another fresh, new member.

Yes you can use the ID as an indie, but it might also be worth joining the one or other faction, they might help you getting started.

Maybe we will meet in space at some point, good luck out there !
Wahcome
Well, welcome aboard!

Here is the link to the wikipedia. It's really useful to get info about ships, factions, IDs, systems and others. Take a look when you're in doubt.
Here is the link to the server rules. Read 'em and remember them.
Here is a link to the system map. Useful to travel.

Also, you don't need to join a faction to use the certain ID (only a few exceptions are, e.g Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army, Keepers, Colonial Remnant). People that are not inside an official faction are considered independents and they're treated equally just as an official faction memeber.

I hope that helps you for now. Enjoy your stay. ;)
Welcome. Just make sure your ship isn't an enemy of the ID corporation your using.

Civilian line ships are always a safe what to go.

If you want to see more options, see the Tech Chart. Which shows you which ID's can use what ships and weapons.

Cheers
Welcome to the community
Hey there welcome to Discovery RP, here are a few links that should help you out:

-Seth's introduction to Discovery

-Discovery Role-Play 24/7 Rules

-Tutorials and Support Sub-Forum

-Full list of Server Commands

-List of Server Rules

-Forum Rules

-Technology use Chart

-Discovery Mod Wiki

-So you want to RP - noob

-You can also relay on these people to help you out or if you have questions. That would be all from me, good luck, have fun and see you ingame.

P.s: The other people here already answered your question.