Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Civilization IV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I have been playing the Civilization series for some time, and it seems like III and IV have both had issues with them, constant freezing or crashing. I have spent considerable time updating my system, making sure I have the correct drivers etc. In a nutshell I have noticed, that if I remove my video card drivers, completely, install new ones, I am able to run civ IV once without any problems, then after a computer restart, the crashes resume like normal.

If someone has an idea on how to fix this, I would be very appreciative.

I seem to recall an issue that needed a fix, with some vidcards.

Goto their website and search.
played 3 and a little 4, never had a problem.
Yes, there is bug in certain video cards that crashes computers when Civ IV is played...It happened to my friend... But I played it without any problems (original and expansion)

If I remember correctly not even installation of latest drivers repairs it.. maybe game patch or something will do the trick...

Good luck..
Never had any problem with it, I'd look for any patches or maybe there's something on Google you could try.
I lowered the graphics options down to lowest possible, and then went into the config file, and lowered what I could, set max framerate to 20 as well, and made it all the way to 1980 before the game crashed, Error message basically said do what you want, im still gonna crash
You really do have to check the civ 4 site

the issue is a tough fix, involving reinstalling game and drivers in certain order.