Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Diplomacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Blodo's blessing (he's the creator of this template) I made an update for Faction Diplomacy on the DUSA wiki. Blodo suggested I ask the GC community if you would like this update for the GC wiki as well.

Here is an image that shows the differences:
[Image: FactionDiplomacy.jpg]

> "Unfriendly" moved down to negative neutral
> Added "Cannot dock on bases" for -0.5
> Hostile is now anything between -0.5 and -0.8
> At War is designated for anything lower than or equal to -0.8

So here's the question; does GC want this update for the Faction Diplomacy template?
no thanks.

Since I use it for character reputation too with other characters.

http://www.discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php/...sonal_Diplomacy
Yes, good idea, RogueCharlie.

You're not really supposed to be using Template:Faction Diplomacy for that, SeaFalcon.

Maybe we should move Template:Faction Diplomacy to Template:Character Diplomacy and use RogueCharlie's Template:Faction Diplomacy?
' Wrote:Yes, good idea, RogueCharlie.

You're not really supposed to be using a Faction Diplomacy template for that, SeaFalcon.

k, make two different ones?
Don't like the "cannot dock with bases" one. It is too specific.
' Wrote:Maybe we should move Template:Faction Diplomacy to Template:Character Diplomacy and use RogueCharlie's Template:Faction Diplomacy?
It's still Blodo's template, I only added 2 lines of code and minor alterations in 1 or 2 others.

as for your part of the idea, a General Diplomacy would be appropriate since it can be used just about any way.
' Wrote:k, make two different ones?
My suggestion was to move the one we have at the moment to Character Diplomacy and put RogueCharlie's new version in it's place.

General diplomacy wouldn't work because when you set reputation towards a character you don't want it saying "Cannot dock on bases". The current template is fine for characters; the proposed is not.
' Wrote:Don't like the "cannot dock with bases" one. It is too specific.
That refers to the new hook where the NPC might not attack you but you still cannot dock with their bases. Although "Not Trusted" would probably be more accurate than "Unfriendly" and would lead into the -0.5 setting more accurately.

But, if the consensus of the server is to not include that part it is easily removed.

Code:
| colspan="20" style="text-align: center; font: smaller Arial;" | {{#ifexpr: {{{2}}} >= 0.8 | <span style="color: #009900;">Allied</span>}}{{#ifexpr: ({{{2}}} >= 0.4) and ({{{2}}} < 0.8) | <span style="color: #33cc33;">Friendly</span>}}{{#ifexpr: ({{{2}}} > -0.01) and ({{{2}}} < 0.4) | <span style="color: #888888;">Neutral</span>}}{{#ifexpr: ({{{2}}} > -0.5) and ({{{2}}} < 0) | <span style="color: #888888;">Unfriendly</span>}}{{#ifexpr: ({{{2}}} = -0.5) | <span style="color: #ff8888;">Cannot dock with bases</span>}}{{#ifexpr: ({{{2}}} < -0.5) and ({{{2}}} > -0.8) | <span style="color: #ff6600;">Hostile</span>}}{{#ifexpr: {{{2}}} <= -0.8 | <span style="color: #cc0000;">At War</span>}}

This is the altered version of the code for that part of the template, in case there are more ideas.
I don't really see the problem with the old template.
Would be helpful. The main pain in the rear is keeping it all up to date.