Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys my name is Flashfire, on the server I use the name ~COMMERCE~. I've just been having a problem with the game crashing every time I play. I thought using the CD may help but it only gives the game like 20 more min before the game crashes. When it does, it goes to the desktop, and a weird error message comes up about "buffer" and "can't destroy;" the error message really doesn't make sense. Any suggestions?
What are the specifications for your computer? Does your hardware reach Freelancer's minimum requirements?

What is the exact text of the error message?

If it's a software error, have you installed the mod correctly? Have you downloaded and installed the latest driver for your graphics card?
I have a new HP pavilion and I run windows 7 so it definitely meets freelancer specs

I'm not exactly sure of the text of the error message like I said it doesnt make sense its just a bunch of random words, dashes, backslashes and so on

My computer is definitely up to date on everything and as far as installing the mod there were no problems
' Wrote:I have a new HP pavilion and I run windows 7 so it definitely meets freelancer specs

I'm not exactly sure of the text of the error message like I said it doesnt make sense its just a bunch of random words, dashes, backslashes and so on

My computer is definitely up to date on everything and as far as installing the mod there were no problems

Windows 7 huh?

Did you follow the install instructions for Win 7?

If not, you can find them HERE.

Those instructions are the 'official' Disco installation instructions, as written by Cannon.

I used them to install on my win7 laptop and they worked fine.

If you have followed them, posting the EXACT error message will be a big help to people with more experience than me.