Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 4.86 release date ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good day,

I was wondering if anyone could provide a probable release date for 4.86.

Will it be launched this year, or the next ?

Will it sport an open beta version before the official release ?

Please, i would really like to know. I quite lost my appetite for Freelancer (such as it is) some time ago, and i was hoping for 4.86 to shed a light of interest on me.

Regards,
Rivas
No one knows for certain when it's coming out. The running joke is that it will never come out. But hopefully it will be out sometime before this year ends.

It will probably have a few open beta-like releases before we get to the final release. The game will continue as normal during that time.
an open beta is planned - or rather.... going public is always a big beta....

it was planned to be released feburary 2010 - so you can expect that one tries to release asap.

however - if you lost your appetite for freelancer discovery - it is unlikely to come back just cause 4.86 is released - all it might do is make you test it till you re bored again quickly.

gameplay and community is what makes long term motivation - and no patch can fix that.
i think ~2 months:D

much dev stuff happening lately.

tweaking here tweaking there.

gallia already p.... off some sirians and got pwn'd:P
' Wrote:an open beta is planned - or rather.... going public is always a big beta....

it was planned to be released feburary 2010 - so you can expect that one tries to release asap.

however - if you lost your appetite for freelancer discovery - it is unlikely to come back just cause 4.86 is released - all it might do is make you test it till you re bored again quickly.

gameplay and community is what makes long term motivation - and no patch can fix that.

I disagree. Give me a patch that adds 100 systems and i bet everyone who left will start playing again.

More new content = more opportunities to play, richer gameplay, and so on.

For instance, it's my 3rd time playing X3:Terran Conflict modded, since the universe changes continually.
' Wrote:I disagree. Give me a patch that adds 100 systems and i bet everyone who left will start playing again.
Exactly what we do not need. A hundred extra systems with absolutely no purpose.

The release date is shrouded in mystery. (bandit)
' Wrote:it will never come out.
<strike>Never.</strike>

Soon. It's better if you don't ask.
[Image: 1289119-this_thread_again_super.jpg]

But ye' it will probably never come out...

.86 is a myth!
In truth, .86 was never under construction. The thing is that Disco devs are making Freelancer 2
Pages: 1 2 3