Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Discovery.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I just recently started and finished the vanilla Freelancer campaign, because I heard it is the best in it's genre. For about 2 days I have been playing the Discovery mod on this server and I'm going to post my opinions about it so far.
I chose Rheinland because Liberty is too mainstream and not very interestin to me, Bretonia has fugly ships and Kusari I just don't like in general. Since I have no idea about Gallia, I didn't chose it either (and the ships were 'meh' again:P).
So all the time I have played with a friend of mine, and we decided to start off by trading, because we don't understand the mining even though I read all the guides and tutorials. Shortly after buying ourselves some better ships, a first player speaks to my friend: (quoting)
*my friend just getting out of trade lane*
The player: "Where you going?"
*my friend just barely managed to push 'Enter'*
*The player destroyes my friend with 2 torpedos*

So after a few hours, the first player we came accross shot one of us down for no RP reason, when we were under level 30, didn't attack first and had Civilian ID. Not a very good first impression.
But since then there have been no hostile situations, even when the NPCs battle at every station in Rheinland.
And for some reason we are 'friendly' to Red Hessians (not complaining:D)
I have been spoken to (by other players) about 3 times since I joined this server, but this is problably because I haven't left Rheinland yet.
So that is my time here so far.

One more thing that caught my eye, this being a RP server, I have to say, I haven't seen many RP names so far. In my opinion there should be a rule that says that you have to have a name like 'Frontname_Lastname' or maybe just 'Name' or something like a ship name, aka 'HMS Titanic'.
Some examples what names have caught my eye the most (no offence meant, just bringing them out): KungFu, Ghetto, xXbTWXx, That.Gun and many more .

Also a couple a questions:

When I did /restart Rheinland , have interspace commerence ID and a Rheinland ship, will I be able to go to Liberty without being shot down, or do I need a civilian ship (aka Stork)?

And what is a IFF? Where can I see what IFF I have? I have checked the relations tab, didn't see any yellow factions/groups there.

So that was my "Hello", opinion and my 2 cents. I hope I haven't acted like a jerk so far :rolleyes:
And yes, I have read the rules. (:

EDIT: Also, is there something against the lag I get when playing during the evening? Because it is practically impossible to play - each docking takes about 5 minutes and it disconnect every 2. Thanks in advance.
Hello there, man. I'm wishing you a great time here, and don't forget to have fun, despite some negative encounters.
I sure won't;), only have played about 12 hours.
Hey there welcome to Discovery RP, here are a few links that should help you out:

-Seth's introduction to Discovery

-Discovery Role-Play 24/7 Rules

-Tutorials and Support Sub-Forum

-Full list of Server Commands

-List of Server Rules

-Forum Rules

-Technology use Chart

-Discovery Mod Wiki

-So you want to RP - noob

-You can also relay on these people to help you out or if you have questions. That would be all from me, good luck, have fun and see you ingame.

P.s: Too long didn't read, sorry for that, but I have noticed you don't like Liberty because its too mainstream, good for you sir, you have escaped Liberties lolwut clutches. :yahoo:
Hi there! you may not get greeted well by some with a rheinland ship, (And SOME navy members I know prefer to shoot first and ask questions later...)
-An IFF: okay so you pull up the realtions tab then you look at the green factions, if there is one with the name flashing yellow that means people see you as i.e. Hessian-Username

Some people may not have usernames that look RP but sometimes people like to put a character name before their message i.e. lets say someone called BiGBlUe has an RP character they may say something like
BiGBlUe: Frank: hello there!

so BiGBlUe has a roleplay character called Frank thats saying hello to you/

Hope I helped cleared some things up and welcome to Discovery!
*tips hat* Avoid from Liberty.
' Wrote:Hello, I just recently started and finished the vanilla Freelancer campaign, because I heard it is the best in it's genre. For about 2 days I have been playing the Discovery mod on this server and I'm going to post my opinions about it so far.
I chose Rheinland because Liberty is too mainstream and not very interestin to me, Bretonia has fugly ships and Kusari I just don't like in general. Since I have no idea about Gallia, I didn't chose it either (and the ships were 'meh' again:P).
So all the time I have played with a friend of mine, and we decided to start off by trading, because we don't understand the mining even though I read all the guides and tutorials. Shortly after buying ourselves some better ships, a first player speaks to my friend: (quoting)
*my friend just getting out of trade lane*
The player: "Where you going?"
*my friend just barely managed to push 'Enter'*
*The player destroyes my friend with 2 torpedos*

So after a few hours, the first player we came accross shot one of us down for no RP reason, when we were under level 30, didn't attack first and had Civilian ID. Not a very good first impression.
But since then there have been no hostile situations, even when the NPCs battle at every station in Rheinland.
And for some reason we are 'friendly' to Red Hessians (not complaining:D)
I have been spoken to (by other players) about 3 times since I joined this server, but this is problably because I haven't left Rheinland yet.
So that is my time here so far.

One more thing that caught my eye, this being a RP server, I have to say, I haven't seen many RP names so far. In my opinion there should be a rule that says that you have to have a name like 'Frontname_Lastname' or maybe just 'Name' or something like a ship name, aka 'HMS Titanic'.
Some examples what names have caught my eye the most (no offence meant, just bringing them out): KungFu, Ghetto, xXbTWXx, That.Gun and many more .
Also a couple a questions:

When I did /restart Rheinland , have interspace commerence ID and a Rheinland ship, will I be able to go to Liberty without being shot down, or do I need a civilian ship (aka Stork)?

And what is a IFF? Where can I see what IFF I have? I have checked the relations tab, didn't see any yellow factions/groups there.

So that was my "Hello", opinion and my 2 cents. I hope I haven't acted like a jerk so far :rolleyes:
And yes, I have read the rules. (:

EDIT: Also, is there something against the lag I get when playing during the evening? Because it is practically impossible to play - each docking takes about 5 minutes and it disconnect every 2. Thanks in advance.

There are some rotten apples in here, just screenshot it and post it in the report thread.
Oh and, if you go to Liberty with a Rheinland ship...
Well in RP you can be frowned upon.
But I don't know if anybody will shoot you.

About non RP names, you have to realize that sanctioning every one
of the players with nonRP names would be physichally and psyhically impossible
for those who are enforcing rules, hope you have fun!
Welcome to the community
' Wrote:About non RP names, you have to realize that sanctioning every one
of the players with nonRP names would be physichally and psyhically impossible
for those who are enforcing rules, hope you have fun!

I know that it is not possible to sanction everyone who has a nRP name, it just would be nice (IMO) that there would be a suggsestion somewhere to use a a RP name. But if people talk like mentioned above (TJS01 post), I guess it is not really a problem.
Welcome and just have fun.

Like wraga said, avoid liberty, if you don't want to see too much sanctionable things.

Good luck out there and stay cool.
Pages: 1 2