Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corsair and Outcast Bases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This has been bugging me for quite a while now and it's probably a stupid question but...

If the Corsairs and the Outcasts are Hispanic, why are most (if not all) of their bases named after places in the Mediterranean instead of Spain and Central/South America?

For example, Crete and Malta are islands in the Mediterranean. Why don't we name them New Madrid or New Mexico or another Spanish city/country?
why is puerto rico in liberty?

The Corsairs/Outcasts are Spanish, and besides, who says that at the time of the intro Spain didn't conquere all those areas? No one knows, nor can you be sure, I say just let well enough be.
Actually, the generally accepted theorem is that there was a mixed population...all Southern-European, but the largest groups were the Italians, who became the Outcasts, and the Greeks, who became the Corsairs, peppered with generic Spanish culture. It sort of melted together at the end, but those are the trends.
Yup. The Outcasts/Corsairs were from Italian, Hispanic, and Greek backgrounds. Basically, all of the countries with influence in the Mediterranian. They are probably more based on that than they are on Hispanics. The sleeper ship was just named that because they were the majority of that group, and the Italian fleet had been destroyed (so they did not have enough to need their own sleeper ship). Greece was probably too small at the time to even have their own fleet, they probably fought with the Italian fleet as they are close neighbors and their countries are similar.
I guess that could make sense. I just think it would be nice to have some more bases with Spanish names or even French names (Bastia is a French city and the Outcasts have a base called Bastia Outpost). The French fleet was also destroyed, so it could have joined the Bretonia and/or Hispania sleeper ship.
yeah ive been thinking about other european nations. I thought if there was a french house, it should be between bretonia and rheinland.
But, we dont really need another house. just a few planet, bases named in honour to France would be fine.
I heard in Humanities class at school that the Corsairs were pirates in the Mediterranean.
they are.
but the names Titan suggest the ancient time of the greek civilisation, while Centurion and Legionnaire suggests the roman empire of Italia, and Crete is an island somewhere near greece I think...?
' Wrote:But, we dont really need another house. just a few planet, bases named in honour to France would be fine.
Le oui! We could have:
- Planet "le Baguette"
- Planet "le Croissant"
- "Le poufe" depot
- "Aw-haw-haw-haw" station
- "Le Sacre-bleu" asteroid field
and finally....
- "Le Petomane" gas cloud

Oh god I'm on a roll today:D
Aight, Puerto Rico is owned by the United States, hence being in Liberty.

Corsairs were French Privateers, yes, but the term took on a more generic meaning in recent times.

The Corsairs and Outcasts are both a mish-mash of Greco-Latin culture.

The French lost their military might at the very start of the war against the Coalition in Starlancer.
Pages: 1 2 3