Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Not really drunk but more hung over.

I was flying my hessian cruiser and thought, how cool would it be if there were missions that allowed you to go after a convoy. The ship spread would be fighters, a few transports and a funboat or 2. It would have a mission cargo such as base supplies or something of that nature that you had to bring back.

I think it would be really fun and maybe there would be some that were difficult enough to need a cap or pack to fight.

Just the ramblings of a cruiser whore.

Sounds good, since it brings more variety [and realism] to missions. Would be fun if you could get varied NPC support for some too [or keep them hard so you need to cooperate with other players to do the mission, as you said]. Now, can it be done?
yeah anything else beside - GO DERE N PWN EET!
would do wonders. Especially since that way you keep destroying stations and dozens of ships with no effort. IM all up for cash from missions, but heck, ive destroyed enough stations to make any house go headbanging against the wall given the resources.

Supporting the OP idea.
Was suggested before, along with Retrieval missions for traders.
Any reason for it getting dropped? If they needed it setup I would love to learn how and do it.

Hessians would get hooked up.
Sounds like one hell of a plan actually that would almost make missions...
... FUN
Or how about Patrol missions?

"You, ugly peon, go patrol the X cloud"
*10 waypoints appear skirting the edge of X nebulae. 1/15 chance of finding an enemy patrol inbetween/at waypoints. Leads back to base*
"Good work peon, you may not be worthless yet. Now go clean my toilets."
Yeah yeah, more variety is always good. I think everybody and I mean everybody is sick with the current missions, simply because they're so generic and not fun to do, even frustrating dare I say.
' Wrote:Any reason for it getting dropped?

Not rely dropped in that sense, more like ignored, i saw no developer noticing it.
' Wrote:Any reason for it getting dropped? If they needed it setup I would love to learn how and do it.
Something to do with it not being possible to code into the game. I know this is an idea that's been brought up before (even if it hasn't been brought up recently), and the answer was that it just couldn't be done.

But who knows? That may have been before the full magic of things like FLHook had been explored. I still think it's a coding issue taht just can't be changed, but I know next to nothing about devs and how they do the things they do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4